• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT colours

And, I have a feeling that it made your eyes buggy doing it too.  How big are your pixels?  Can you post a picture?

The most difficult part of a CADPAT color scheme is coming up with the correct chemical composition to allow the paint to fade to white within the first year. This is extremely hard to accomplish and as of yet, I don't believe there are any documented cases.

As we all know, authentic CADPAT is the only cadpat that has this fading feature. All others are just imitation.
>:D

This is sort of a side question to this one.  How would one paint anything in CADPAT?  Is there a technique?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's basically the same as any candy stripe or checkerboard painting project....add the paint colours in the correct proportion but DO NOT STIR THE CONTAINER!
Now, if you will excuse me, I have to figure out Stripe toothpaste and Neapolitan ice cream.

Hilarious!!!
You should have seen me after trying to solve the Cadbury Caramilk Conundrum!  Never figured that out but I think it inolves temperature differentials.  It hurt my head    and I gained 30 lbs!

DropZone said:
Gentlemen,

I get a chuckle from this thread. As a tribute to the troops, we just painted our factory Cadpat™Tw. When in Edmonton, check it out. It pops!

Kind Regards
Brian Kroon

Brian.. you MUST post photos. I want to see this.

Gentlemen,

To answer your questions:

The pixels are 14" square :eek:

To find the place in the morning I use my onboard gps and have crew hang IR glowticks from the eaves ;D

I'll post pictures once the new signage is installed.

Kind Regards
Brian KRoon

CdnArtyWife said:
The most difficult part of a CADPAT color scheme is coming up with the correct chemical composition to allow the paint to fade to white within the first year. This is extremely hard to accomplish and as of yet, I don't believe there are any documented cases.

As we all know, authentic CADPAT is the only cadpat that has this fading feature. All others are just imitation.
>:D

Maybe, just maybe, if you bought some really cheap, interior grade paint 9find the cheapest, most no name brand you can) and put it on really thin, and then left powerful ultraviolet lights on in the room 24/7 You might get it match DND grade CADPAT.

Really CDN Aviator? Mine are faded, and they're a light shade of CAD from its former glory. I've got the Gen 2 CADPAT too, the supposedly FADE resistant ones. Oh well. Resistant... not unfadable I guess.

MedTech said:
Really CDN Aviator? Mine are faded, and they're a light shade of CAD from its former glory. I've got the Gen 2 CADPAT too, the supposedly FADE resistant ones. Oh well. Resistant... not unfadable I guess.

It was a joke...mine have been in the plastic bag they were issued to me in for 3 years.....LOL

CDN Aviator said:
It was a joke...mine have been in the plastic bag they were issued to me in for 3 years.....LOL

Ah booo! I missed the punchline.... next time use an animated smiley  ;D

A lot has to do with the frequency of their washing & the heat applied when drying.
The 4 sets I have are prolly 2-3 yrs old, they've faded some, but not bad - compared to some I have seen.
Some people use laundry detergent that has bleach built into it..... and that has it's own problems.

Mine look fine, until say I get new pants or shirt and when miss matched are horrible.  I had the Gen 1 stuff, and worked with a lot of faded CADPAT people.  I wash mine in a front loader washer at home, no bleach ever in my detergents and in cold water for all my washings.  Then to top it off low heat dryer of hung dry - I treat all my clothes the same except socks, tshirts and the other sorts LOL

Wash that stuff in cold water with a delicate detergent like Woolite, I know it sounds a little sissy, just don't brag about it. They will never fade. And don't machine dry if you have time to air dry.

I dont know about you, but I think it looks cool to see the cadpat fade so much it looks like desert-pat ;D

Brazil_66 said:
I dont know about you, but I think it looks cool to see the cadpat fade so much it looks like desert-pat ;D

I don't think it looks cool. Never had this type of problem with the OD uniforms.

Brazil_66 said:
even though the OD ones went see-thru

Good ole combat lingerie.

The two sets I have left from my initial issue in 2001 are pretty much OD now because of fade.  The other sets are about three years old; they're the ones with the hidden buttons.  They've resisted fade very well.

Back