• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets in Maroon Berets??

Sorry guys, but that does not at all look like the SAS or SSF badges.  Yes there is a knife (looks like a Bowie Knife - not a dagger) and wings, but both are not at all like the SSF or SAS 'Wings and Daggers'.  The SAS and SSF did not have red flames behind the Wings and Daggers either.  Then you have the two 'Cadet' Scrolls, above and below the Wings, Flames and Knife that clearly state some Cadet organization or event on them.

Those cadets are from 2367 PPCLI Airborne Riggers in Yellowknife. I'm not sure if they still call themselves Airborne Riggers but from the looks of that patch they do.

our corps was affiliated w the AIRBORNE but  then we switched to 3RCR :salute:

the Cadet's in Pembroke are affiliated 1st air defends

I'll have to see if I have a better pic, one where we can read the scrolls

Okay, here goes...Apparently they wear this instead of the RCACC badge.

2332Piper said:
And is that permitted?
There is a corps in Mississauga that does that, however they wear their corps badge on their right arm and the RCAC badge on the left arm ..... although I'm not sure if it is permitted.

Our cadet corps was affiliated with the airborne regiment, but after it was disbanded, we switched to the para coy in 3RCR.

Ok mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong place and please feel free to move it to the most appropriate forum. 

So, im bored outta my head and just looking at different things on facebook when I see this link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=272539&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=4569929542&aid=-1&id=510541626

Please tell me im going colour blind and im not seeing a cadet wearing a maroon beret?  I dont even think she has jump wings!  I worked hard and shead blood for my maroon back in the 80's and it will always be held by me and many of my peers in the highest degree, but im absolutely shocked by this pic.

Please someone tell me that im halucinating and I need to up my dosage of meds....

Are you D***** O*** from Hamilton perchance? lol

Cadets have been wearing maroon lids for a long time, seeing as her network is General Panet HS I'd hazard a guess she's from the Pet cadet corps, which has been wearing maroon since at least 1992, when I first saw one.

Doesn't make it right of course, but hey, there you go. the affiliated unit must have approved it otherwise they've been improperly dressed for the past 15 years.

used to be part of that cadet corps, the affiliated unit (3 RCR) has a para coy (Novmeber coy??) and being the only corps in Canada to be disbanned along with the Airborne (the old unit affiliation).  Therefore keeping the maroon beret is odd, but there is a corps in Edmonton to I believe that where it too.

They've been around for years.

One of the cadets I did my Althletic Leadership course with in CFB Boredom way back in '85 ... wore a maroon beret.

Crafty884 said:
used to be part of that cadet corps, the affiliated unit (3 RCR) has a para coy (Novmeber coy??) and being the only corps in Canada to be disbanned along with the Airborne (the old unit affiliation).  Therefore keeping the maroon beret is odd, but there is a corps in Edmonton to I believe that where it too.

it's Mike company

I'll admit the kid on the right has a pretty sharply shaped beret on his pumpkin...

wow, i guess thats all I can say.  I havent really kept myself up to date with the cadet world, and I think i'll leave it at that.  If I dont, I think i'd give myself an aneurism.

MP 811 said:
wow, i guess thats all I can say.  I havent really kept myself up to date with the cadet world, and I think i'll leave it at that.  If I dont, I think i'd give myself an aneurism.

::)

Cadets, for as long as I can tell, have been wearing the official headdress of the cadet's corps' affiliated unit.  Green beret, black beret, red beret, maroon beret.  Air Force blue beret.  Haven't seen a fawn beret on a cadet yet, but I somehow doubt that will permittedly happen.

The rules say that it can be the headdress of the affiliated unit, if approved by the CO of the affiliated unit.  It does not state what kind of unit the affiliated unit must be (Pl, Coy, BN, Regiment, etc.).  If the Cadet Unit is affiliated to 3RCR, then it is the CO of 3RCR who decides...........not the cadets.  I have heard of cases wear certain amounts of accommodation have occurred, on both sides of the pendulum.

Cadets also wear forage caps and field service caps (army wedge).  They also wear caubeens, glens and tams.  They also wear toques when its cold ;)

As for the infamous "Yellowknife" badge, I have never seen it before.  There are and have been other cadet units which have replaced the RCAC roundel for a locally designed badge.  The Elgins and Mississauga Cops are 2 that I know of.

Eowyn said:
Actually the Edmonton Corp was associated with the Canadian Airborne Centre during the early 90s

I believe CFPMD also had an affiliated corps. Not sure which AB unit it was but Meyerthorpe, AB cadets in the early 90's were affiliated with them or CABC. Riggermade how is your memory?

Back