• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Service numbers??

Springroll

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I called up my RO today to see how my file was going and the Cpl I spoke to said that they were needing to verify that I did not have a service number. I asked her why and she said that when you are in cadets, they issue you a service number. Now because my cadet corps are in Victoria, she said they have to go out there to verify it.

Now I am a little confused.

Do cadets nowadays get issued a SN or has it always been common practice??
Does the RO actually go out there to verify it or does the local CFRC do that for them?

BTW, I was in cadets from '91-'94, if that helps answer my question.

When I was a cadet, during the summer a SN was given to staff cadets in order to put them into the pay system.  However, the SN did not stick with me when I actually joined the forces.

Okay.

I never went staff, so maybe they assumed I had because I did do 4 years of cadets.

They have to verify but it causes headaches when they issue you a new one and the other one was used and is in the national system with your name attached to it.  You are only allowed one SN attached to your name.

Does the RO actually go out there to verify it or does the local CFRC do that for them?

Are you serious?

Your CFRC/D will contact the Regional Cadet HQ in that area and track the information down by, wait for it, e-mail or by phoning. ;D

I know that was a silly question, but the Cpl I was talking to said they had to go to Victoria to verify it..hehehe

Thanks for the info :)

Back