• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Pioneer Course

Slim

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Several times I've heard mention of the Cadet Pioneer Course.

Could someone please give us some details (ie training, kit, location ect) on this course please?

Thanks

Slim

Here is the course's website: http://www.regions.cadets.forces.gc.ca/pac/armcad/pioneers/intro_e.asp

WOW they are bringing it back! Seems like Adventure meets Leadership & Challenege.

Kenchin said:
WOW they are bringing it back! Seems like Adventure meets Leadership & Challenege.

Thats what I thought at first too, but it's not like either of them. The training is vocational, hands on wood and rope work focused that actually will be very very helpful for Cadets looking at a trade. Other than the FTX, there is almost no 'adventure training' aspect to this course.

It is awesome, and I hope it is a signal of the future of our training system.

Wow that course looks great,

Coming from one of the only PIONEER cadet corps in Canada I would love to see some of our cadets go to that. It's too bad that the course is offered in Vernon and were in Ontario

So? apply, get accepted, and have the government pay to send you there.

when i took riflecoach this summer we shared a barrack with the pioneer males.  They were really positive about the course and they really liked it, seems like a good course to take if you are too young to staff. 

Pte(R). McWatt said:
So? apply, get accepted, and have the government pay to send you there.

Wish I could, I've aged out a couple of years ago and now CI with my old corps. I did however mention it to my CO and I've stimulated some intrest in some cadets for summer of next year.

:army:

(Rumour) The course is being cancelled after this summer. Instead they will be introducing a new basic course so that cadets will be required to do two basics then CL then CLI, so most cadets will be at least 16 when they are done normal camps and then they can either staff or take an advanced training course.

The course is going away, that parts not a rumour. I'm very curious about the two basic thing, I hope theres some form of announcement soon. 2006/2007 is the last year we're using the current training plan so we should get word shortly.

thats too bad.  It seems like a good course to take if your interested in enlisting in a reg/reserve engineer regiment, or interested in going into civie trades.  I think they should keep it.  I would have taken it if I was too young for staff/exchange.

Back