• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Pay Rates as staff

ouyin2000 said:
Yes it does, and why Zedic received a different one, is a bit confusing.

Maybe when filling out his application, he didn't include the fact that he already had a SN?

I believe Zedic said that his staff cadet SN is different than his CF SN which makes sense. I know the SN they gave me at the recruiting center (on my application for the CF) is different then what my staff cadet SN was.

My friend was a staff cadet this summer at Blackdown, he is now a Pte(R) on his BMQ. They initially gave him one SN, but they had problems paying him(something like that) so they changed it but they were still having problems finally on Tuesday when he got his ID tags and everything they gave him another service number which was the exact same as his staff cadet SN. They told him that changing it to the staff cadet SN had fixed whatever problems they were having with his pay.

Card_11 said:
I believe Zedic said that his staff cadet SN is different than his CF SN which makes sense. I know the SN they gave me at the recruiting center (on my application for the CF) is different then what my staff cadet SN was.

I read that, i'm just speculating as to why.

When I went in for my apptitude test, the SN they gave me is the same as my staff cadet SN, but I believe that is because on the application, I put in my existing staff cadet service number, since why would I need another one, if I already have one that works.

I was speculating that Zedic didn't do this, and so they issued him another one.

ouyin2000 said:
I read that, i'm just speculating as to why.

When I went in for my apptitude test, the SN they gave me is the same as my staff cadet SN, but I believe that is because on the application, I put in my existing staff cadet service number, since why would I need another one, if I already have one that works.

I was speculating that Zedic didn't do this, and so they issued him another one.

Oh ok. When I did my aptitude test and such I was told not to put my Cadet SN on the form because I would be issued a new SN. I guess it varies.

When I put in my app for the CF I was asked for my cadet SN, but back then we didn't have one, so I said I didn't have one...they verified it by getting my cadet records.

I kept my Cadet one as well for my CIC enrollment. I've heard this isn't comment, like Zedic said above.

Staff Cadets make $54 a day? Hmm, I guess it hasn't changed yet from way back in summer '99 when my Staff told us they made that much. Somewhat interesting methinks.

Have a good day!

ouyin2000 said:
Yes it does, and why Zedic received a different one, is a bit confusing.

Maybe when filling out his application, he didn't include the fact that he already had a SN?
Just to clarify ... I did include the SN I was issued as a staff cadet, and explained the situation to them however they gave me the explanation I gave above and informed me I would be issued a new service number.  I also had no problems receiving my pay after providing the appropriate banking information.

Neill McKay said:
Is that true for all staff cadets, or does it depend on rank?
Depends on your rank, usually the pay changes a little bit every year and the amount you get taxed varies as well, just keep an eye on your pay stubs to make sure you dont get the shaft. 

future-MP said:
as a staff cadet you get 60$ a day

That is not true. I was a staff cadet CWO this past summer and I know I made more than that. The lowest pay is that of Sgt, which is currently iirc $69.

GGHG_Cadet said:
That is not true. I was a staff cadet CWO this past summer and I know I made more than that. The lowest pay is that of Sgt, which is currently iirc $69.

It depends on where you staff but the lowest payed rank is usually master corporals or corporals but like I said it depends on where you staff, in Vernon the lowest ranking staff are Mcpls who make something around $64 a day

Rather than bickering, look it up.

http://www.cadets.ca/_docs/cato-oaic/1328E_e.pdf
eff. Feb 07

Back