• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet number?

Raising this topic from the dead:

I too once a Cadet and would like to take advantage of the IPC credit. However reading through DAOD chap. 5000, I cannot find anything that states the incentive was carried over. I haven't yet had the time to do a search on the DWAN (and likely I won't be able to for a while), is there anyone here that can speak to whether or not the policy is still in place?

Check the promotion CFAOs as well. I believe the information you need is there.

PrairieThunder said:
Raising this topic from the dead:

I too once a Cadet and would like to take advantage of the IPC credit. However reading through DAOD chap. 5000, I cannot find anything that states the incentive was carried over. I haven't yet had the time to do a search on the DWAN (and likely I won't be able to for a while), is there anyone here that can speak to whether or not the policy is still in place?

If you happen to be referring to the policy that grants up to "180 days IPC/TCP" at the time of enrolment for prior Cadet Service, PM me an email address (DWAN preferred) and if I can find it, I will send it to you.

I was in cadets 4 years, this means I get a 6 month advance? It'd be good to know since I'm waiting for a job offer.

SMG said:
I was in cadets 4 years, this means I get a 6 month advance? It'd be good to know since I'm waiting for a job offer.

Not quite, there's a few requirements you would have to meet before being able to claim it. Also, they may have cancelled the policy in 2012 when the CFAOs were cancelled and rolled into DADOs.

Back