• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C9 short barrel with BFA

The ADMMAT website I linked above should have such a directive on it if it exists.

I'm at home now and can't check, but will look tomorrow if I can get time.

I believe that such an order may exist, but the distribution of such an order...well...sometimes the dist lists are not properly actioned for some reason.

NS

NavyShooter said:
The ADMMAT website I linked above should have such a directive on it if it exists.

I'm at home now and can't check, but will look tomorrow if I can get time.

I believe that such an order may exist, but the distribution of such an order...well...sometimes the dist lists are not properly actioned for some reason.

NS

I had a look through the link you provided and did not see any directive.  But of course being a DWAN website several of the links did not work. 

ArmyRick said:
Regiments may or may not use short barrel with BFA, just know that there is a DIRECTIVE not to do it. I was talking to a WO Weapons Tech a few weeks ago and he confirmed there is a tech order not to do it.

Disobey at your own peril, if a weapons tech repairs your C9 and finds you have been violating the directive, you will suffer consequences.

Can you find said directive and send it to me? PM inbound.

I took this info on up as we use short barrels in our Bn. Our Snr Wpns Tech did not know and so he contacted a MWO ETQMS about it. This is where I will tell you the story which also resulted in having my wrist lightly slapped/tapped b/c of it.

"This is not an issue.  The only issue that the BFA would cause is an increase of the rate of fire, possible."

This is an excerpt from the email I received so I am wanting to share this (part of the) information so I can hopefully squash this rumor. We have said that short barrels are green-lighted so I will continue to hand them out to my unit. Hopefully this solves any confusion that may have arisen from this rumor/story.

I do not have any of the directives or policies regarding this issue, but last weekend our short barrels were taken away from us when we were firing blanks for this exact reason. We actually did a few section attacks with the short barrels and BFA's on, and the one thing I noticed was a ton of stoppages that seemed to decrease as we switched to the long barrels.

Back