• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C 3 familairization course

Jeff Boomhouwer

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been slotted on the next course and was wondering what to expect and if there are any tips for what kit you wish you had while on course, thanks. 

My apologies to interrupt, but if you could PM me and perhaps give me an outline of what the requirements are for the course, that would be greatly appreciated.

A buddy of mine went on it last year or the year before. He said he was pretty disipointed. I think it's only a week-end or something?
It's not a course. It's just a familairization of the C3 Sniper rifle. You get to play around with it. I think he said he fired like 5 rounds with it or something like that.  They had a .50 cal sniper rifle there but it was just to look at and play with, not to shoot.

If you were slotted, you should have received the joining instructions. Ask your COC for them!

PREREQUISITES
2. Candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
a. Min Rank â “ Cpl;
b. Max Rank â “ Sgt;
c. MOC - R031;
d. Qualified Marksman in past 12 months;
e. Very good physical shape;
f. Recce qualified an asset;
g. Committed to attending all four weekends; and
h. Recommended by CO and RSM.
TRAINING
3. The training will consist of the following:
a. Wknd #1 â “  Intro to CF sniping, KIM games, observation exercise, construction of pers sniper gear.
b. Wknd #2 â “ Cam & con, intro stalk, intro tactical mantracking, intro judges distance.
c. Wknd #3 â “ Participant conducted exercises â “ stalking, observation, cam & con, mantracking, judging distance.
d. Wknd #4 â “ Advanced shooting techniques, Sniper Ranges â “ C3, .50
DRESS
6. Dress is combats suitable to the local environment.  FFO is not req.

That sounds a heck of a lot better than it was described to me. 4 week-ends worth of work and great training.

BOOMER004 make sure you really pay attention to your classes so you can bring what you learn back to your regiment and pass it onto the privates and corporals.

Thanks I just received the course outline last night. As for passing along knowledge I will do my best.    :salute:

Back