• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C-13... when will they go?

rounder

Inactive
Reaction score
Will someone please tell me if we're going to get rid of this piece of junk. It is a total burden to an RSO... not to mention is we have to use them for real. Go back to the M-67.

While I'll be the first to admit I don't have extensive experience with grenades, as far as I know, I've thrown the M-67... looking at a picture of the C-13, they look like the same grenade to me... what's the difference?

Whats wrong with it exactly?

Ammotech90...

Do you read ammo deficiency reports? These C-13's are identical to the M-67, however the fuse, ammotech90 I might be wrong, is made in Canada (Quebec I think). They don't go off. I was an RSO in Meaford and we thew 180 of these. 6 didn't go off, and no I'm not willing to say how we got around the rule in Trg Safety (if there are five dudes in a practice the range must be shut down).

ammotech90... shed some light on this

A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."
And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

07rsm.jpg

"You call yourself a monty python fan? Get it together lad!"

HEY!!!!

I started this thread... let's keep it to the point... the C-13's.. enough with the Monty Python.

Anyway, back to the original topic. I remember some lots of M-67 that had similar problems, though I cannot recall any such incidents in the past decade or so.

Could be just a less than ideal lot of fuses.

Sir... It's happening everywhere, all the time. Someone at NDHQ reads the ammo def reports, they must know.

I threw 2 M67 Grenades on my SQ. The rest of the course did also, and some of the instructors too. They all went off.

Wow thats a new one to me.
In all my years on a Grenade Range I have never seen a dud but have seen missfires with old Carl and the M72 but never Grenades.

Wow thats a new one to me.
In all my years on a Grenade Range I have never seen a dud but have seen missfires with old Carl and the M72 but never Grenades.

Same here, but this year is the first year i've seen the C-13, and so far i've counted 13 duds out of apprx 400 grenades.

I lost count of the number of those little gems that were duds. I can tell you I have never heard soo much C4 in a single weekend in my life. We had that sapper earning his money that weekend. As for closing the range after 5 duds that is correct. The way around that is to close the range than reopen it. Clickadickick moelitia trick.

Now the National Post is on it:

<a href=http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=13ee2325-521b-4582-9a53-488bd144c13e>Link to story here</a>

at the moment, we're not going outside the bounds of what's an acceptable failure rate for this ammunition."

Mr. Albon said cases where as many as 12% of the grenades failed to explode were isolated incidents.

The acceptable failure level for grenades is 2%.

This part really bothers me.   According to numpty here, a failure rate achieved last year approaching 4% is not too bad.

What BS.   No ammunition, ever, should have a failure rate of even .1%

The government seems bent on playing with soldiers lives, just in order to keep buying grenades made in Canada as opposed to buying better quality, cheaper grenades made in the US.

Back