• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buying "Truth, Duty, Valour" the TV series on the CF

Fruss

Inactive
Reaction score
Talking about TV shows, do someone knows if TDV will be available on DVD or on another channel (like CBC)??  I don't have cable and don't plan on getting it!!  But I want to watch TDV and those other shows..  :'(

Hey Mike, would it be legal to be able to download them from your site with a fee? That could help you raise money for the bandwidth and help other to watch those TV shows..  Just a though, as you're a good friend of the TDV's producer..  ;) see http://army.ca/forums/threads/21969.0.html

Maybe it's not possible, just throwing the idea....

Cheers

Frank

I know that I'd appreciate a "Box Set" of TDV...even if they have no current plans to cover Fire Fighting :crybaby:  Oh well, Seems that the HMCS VDQ was one of my old ships, I'm sure I'll enjoy that episode. 

I truly believe that the whole TDV series would be a great addition to any CFRC site.  It would give aspiring members some positive goals to shoot for.  JMHO

Chimo!

Not a bad idea guys. I'll talk to Colin and see what he says.

Cheers
Mike

Has anyone seen the SG04 episode yet, or has it not been aired yet?

You can order episodes of the show on VHS or DVD by calling a number on the official website (you can't order them online).

http://www.truthdutyvalour.ca/flashindex.htm

Click on "TDV Official Store"

Sh0rtbUs said:
Has anyone seen the SG04 episode yet, or has it not been aired yet?

I was with the PA cell at SG04 and the last I heard was that the SG04 episode would air sometime in Feb 2005. I haven't heard anything different since then.

The first episodes will run 2-3rd week of Jan. First two episodes are the Medic Competition and the Cbt Diver course.

ive been hearing about TDV for a while but i never got a chance to catch an episode.   When does it air and on wich channel?

It's on the Outdoor Life Network.  Check the tv guide, it's on various times throught the week.

Armymedic said:
The first episodes will run 2-3rd week of Jan. First two episodes are the Medic Competition and the Cbt Diver course.
Speaking of which, Armymedic is in that episode! It was filmed in Borden last June during Op Celebration and the 3's were given a special preview while in class in Borden couple weeks ago! Good episode that shows well how good are the medics at 2 Fd Amb in Pet! ;) ;)
Have a good tour Armymedic, hope you don't mind the advertisement lol

The TDV website has just been updated along with a partial episode list and a TDV Store.

DVD copies

Regular $29.95/episode plus shipping and handling

Season One â “ 13 DVDs all for only $199.99!
Season Two â “ 13 DVDs all for only $199.99! (available soon)

Ouch... does that strike anyone else as being exhorbitantly expensive?

Big time, especially for just 13 episodes.  To think that most TV series have a season for 30 episodes or more, and can be bought for less than half of that!!??  Ugh.    :crybaby:      Ah well, I suppose they'll be nice to have down the road        :threat:

It's a great show. About time that there was some good media exposure to the items that we do within the CF.

Additionally, I'm sure it's serves as a great recruiting tool.

The show does re-run quite often. If you have a VCR........

CBH99 said:
Big time, especially for just 13 episodes.   To think that most TV series have a season for 30 episodes or more, and can be bought for less than half of that!!??   Ugh.      :crybaby:        Ah well, I suppose they'll be nice to have down the road          :threat:

Ya it's alittle bit expensive but most shows are only 30min as aposed to an hour thats why there is ony 13 episodes so it works out to about the same amount. Probably that expensive because maybe there is alot of extra stuff included on the DVD or maybe just because not many people are buying them so they have to make up the money some how.

Kyle.

It would be great if CFRC invested in a set of these and allowed new recruits to watch them or even rent/borrow them ...

Dan :salute:

I know how sad this sounds, but my family doesn't own a VCR anymore :(

Dan  :salute:

Could be worse.  Been in Wx for one year, eleven months, and twenty nine days, and yet to hook up cable or satellite.  It's POSSIBLE to download pretty much any TV show you want from newsgroups (the hidden treasure on the Net) but of course I cannot confirm or deny that!

Cheers!  :-X

Back