• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buglers and trumpeters

Man, I do really hate it when civilian trumpeters try to put their own interpretation on The Last Post...sigh (just came back from the local ceremony).

I missed watching the Ottawa ceremonies on TV this year, I hope the bugler did OK. That female Navy PO they had last year and the year before did a pretty credible job IMO.

Was she out front again this year ?

Bass ackwards said:
Man, I do really hate it when civilian trumpeters try to put their own interpretation on The Last Post...sigh (just came back from the local ceremony).

I missed watching the Ottawa ceremonies on TV this year, I hope the bugler did OK. That female Navy PO they had last year and the year before did a pretty credible job IMO.

Was she out front again this year ?

Hi.

It was an Airforce woman from The Central Band this year. She shot a crow in the first phrase but recovered quite nicely. A lot of people probably wouldn't have noticed.

Just as an aside, this was only the second time since 1957 that I've missed the ceremony either as a participant or spectator. Damned medical problems that come with age. And the doctor says "stay off your feet until your blood tests".

Drummy

Thanks, Drummy.

I hope whatever it is that's ailing you goes away quickly.

Back