• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

budget for the military

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss78a

Inactive
Reaction score
I was watching the CBC news today, and they were talking about the need for new equipment and funding for the Canadian Forces.

Theres also mentioned if its better just to have the Americans help us in case of an emergency.

This makes me worried, could it be possible to have layoffs of services in the Canadian Forces.

I myself am considering joining, should I be worried about layoffs in the services?
One the main reasons to join is job security the Canadian Forces supplies.

I am looking at the Navy, but  the news reports says the ships are old and might be decommissioned in afew years?

ARe they saying the ships we have are all in bad condition and that no one should use them?

This has me worried to some point, but at same time, I still would love to get into the services.

What is everyones thoughts on this?

thank you :cdn:

koss,

to put it simply:

Yes there are equipment issues as described in the report. No, we won't be parking everything and closing up the shop. No, we won't be seeing "layoffs", we are still recruiting. If you want to research details of equipment in use, through posts by members currently using them, please start with the search page here:

Search page - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

I'll lock this thread while you work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back