• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

It's an incredibly complex piece of machinery and not surprisingly it does have a failure rate the missile booster failed to ignite.
What amuses me is the incredible number of expert opinions out there. I make no claims of expertise nor have I spent the night in a Holiday Inn.
But but I have been a victim of the law of averages more times then care to count.
Which is probably why I am not too concerned because brighter people then me are working on this.
Btw. "Expert" in this case seems to include people who have seen "Das Boote" at least once. And that's just in the professional media and then we have social media.....😉

Not an expert either - nor spent a night at a Holiday Inn lately either - but twice in a row since 2016 for a system that's supposed to deliver nuclear missiles seems like it's a bit more than merely the law of averages. N Korean missiles seem to do better than that these days.

Sounds like a real heavy looksee is called for.

;)

Combat 89... when in doubt, embarrass your troops on national TV.

Actually, a great way to generate interest in the military... just not from the competitors' point of view ;)

combat 89 final paras v scots guards​

Simple: hot bunking all round ;)

Military Service Accommodation and the Exodus from the UK’s Officer Corps​

The decision to end rank-based housing entitlements and to instead allocate all service accommodation on the basis of family size is threatening to decimate officer numbers in the Army and RAF.

Aaaaaand cancelled... the plan did not survive first contact with the Long Haired Generals Corps ;)

Army wives force MoD about-turn over housing​

Plans to allocate property based on family size rather than rank are halted after backlash

A Ministry of Defence plan to change the way Army accommodation is allocated has been shelved amid a backlash from military wives, The Telegraph can reveal.

The controversial proposal – which would have allocated housing by the number of children a serviceman or woman has, rather than their rank – was paused by Grant Shapps days after The Telegraph revealed growing anger at the scheme.

And she's adrift for the big ex ...

UK Red-faced As 2nd British Warship - HMS Prince Of Wales - 'Fails' To Join NATO Wargames​

HMS Prince of Wales, one of the two aircraft carriers with UK Navy, has reportedly failed to depart for the largest NATO exercise this year. The TIMES reported there was a minor fuel leak aboard the carrier on Saturday. However, the report didn't link it to the delay in its departure. HMS Prince of Wales was to replace HMS Queen Elizabeth to spearhead Nordic Response 2024 drills, part of NATO'S wider Steadfast Defender 2024 Exercise in March. Earlier this month, the HMS Queen Elizabeth's participation in wargames was cancelled at the last minute after a problem with the starboard propeller shaft coupling was discovered.

And she's adrift for the big ex ...

UK Red-faced As 2nd British Warship - HMS Prince Of Wales - 'Fails' To Join NATO Wargames​

HMS Prince of Wales, one of the two aircraft carriers with UK Navy, has reportedly failed to depart for the largest NATO exercise this year. The TIMES reported there was a minor fuel leak aboard the carrier on Saturday. However, the report didn't link it to the delay in its departure. HMS Prince of Wales was to replace HMS Queen Elizabeth to spearhead Nordic Response 2024 drills, part of NATO'S wider Steadfast Defender 2024 Exercise in March. Earlier this month, the HMS Queen Elizabeth's participation in wargames was cancelled at the last minute after a problem with the starboard propeller shaft coupling was discovered.

lol Ummm thats not true... Guess how I know ?

On the subject of HMS Prince of Wales being potentially up for sale, not to disparage the always reliable folks at the Daily Mail, but who the hell would want to buy it? There isn’t much overlap between countries that are interested in jump jets, don’t already build their own carriers, and have money to burn for a high end platform like HMS PoW.

Singapore is the only nation I can think of that meets those three criteria, but their investment in F-35B is driven by concerns about runway cratering — they don’t have a blue water navy and a carrier would be an odd addition for them.

On the subject of HMS Prince of Wales being potentially up for sale, not to disparage the always reliable folks at the Daily Mail, but who the hell would want to buy it? There isn’t much overlap between countries that are interested in jump jets, don’t already build their own carriers, and have money to burn for a high end platform like HMS PoW.

Singapore is the only nation I can think of that meets those three criteria, but their investment in F-35B is driven by concerns about runway cratering — they don’t have a blue water navy and a carrier would be an odd addition for them.

Probably India, as per SOP:

Probably India, as per SOP:
Yeah, but the Indian Navy have retired their Sea Harriers and now operate Mig-29 in the Russian/Chinese style STOBAR configuration. They no longer have a need for a jump jet carrier. If they do decide to base the successor to the Vikrant-Class carriers on the QE-Class, they’ll want to build it themselves from scratch — a full refit installing a ski jump and arrestor cables on the Big Charlie might be more expensive than it’s worth.

We could always buy her as an assault ship for helicopters. Buy British! Buy Second Best!

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but the Indian Navy have retired their Sea Harriers and now operate Mig-29 in the Russian/Chinese style STOBAR configuration. They no longer have a need for a jump jet carrier. If they do decide to base the successor to the Vikrant-Class carriers on the QE-Class, they’ll want to build it themselves from scratch — a full refit installing a ski jump and arrestor cables on the Big Charlie might be more expensive than it’s worth.
India is also now trying to back away form anything Russian that they can...
At great speed.

Back