• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Exchange

• Thread starter daniel_hardingham
  • Start date
D

daniel_hardingham

Guys/Gals,
        I'm currently after a little advice. I'm just about to embark on an exchange with the Canadian Army (I'm in the British Army). But i'm having a little trouble deciding what to take equipment wise. Can some tell me what the climate is like in the Toronto region in late August/ early September? and i hate to be picky but during the night as well. Any advice would be greatfully recieved

Dan

plan for cold, wet, & miserable. Being from the UK, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

In Toronto? Whoa, it hasn't rained much here in the last....long while. Late Aug/ Early Sept can get pretty warm, usually up to the mid 20s during the day, and cooler at night, around 10-15 degrees. Doesn't rain all that much until fall kicks in either. Hope that helps a bit.

Cpl Bloggins said:
In Toronto? Whoa, it hasn't rained much here in the last....long while. Late Aug/ Early Sept can get pretty warm, usually up to the mid 20s during the day, and cooler at night, around 10-15 degrees. Doesn't rain all that much until fall kicks in either. Hope that helps a bit.
if he plans for cold, wet, & miserable, he'll be more than ready for warm, dry and comfy.

take your civvies and drop the army gack, as the clubs are hoppin'!!   Toronto area is like London right now, in fact we got a heat wave going, so, it is more like Barcelona (all hail Larsson)

what unit are you doing an exchange with?

dileas

tess

i love london, went to my friends house who lives new fanshaw (funshaw) and damn man , it was pumping exspecially since i went up on new years... i just walked around kinda drunk and kept getting invited in houses to party.

Thanks guys, the reason i have to plan is due to the weight limit as i'm flying on civvie airways. I do plan on taking plenty of civvies, and getting wasted! The unit i'm exchanging with is the 7th Toronto Regiment (RCA)

Thanks again, any other bit of useful advice would be greatfully recieved.

Dan

make sure the chicks know yur british and use that accent to your advantage and you should get laid more then enough... that should be the best piece of advice for you... hell i pull off an amazing fake scottish accent when i go to london for that sheer purpose  ;D

You should see what kit the hosting unit can supply during your visit. They may well be able to furnish you with most of the stuff you need. Rucksack, webbing, sleeping bag and such could already be laid out for you. Contact the unit to see what they can fix you up with. No use dragging along what you can draw locally.

You're pretty lucky! You'll be at Moss Park Armoury on Queen Street, right downtown. A ten minute walk to lots of pubs and shops.

EDIT: (And women)

the 48th regulator said:
as long as you don't go to far north on Jarvis....lot's of, ahem, women too... :eek:

dileas

tess

I could point out a nice "wendy's" where there seems to be an interesting gathering in the parking lot every night...

Cheap too...

Back