• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bringing special items to BMQ.

Xd00206

Reaction score
Hello!, I tried searching for things allowed to BMQ but my search fell short. I am leaving for BMQ in a month and I want to bring something that reminds me of my hometown. Other people may have pictures or other things but I was t to bring my cowboy boots. Would it be smart to bring them but put them in civi lock up?.

As long as the items you wish to bring are not on the prohibited list (knives, contraband magazines, etc.) you will be able to leave them in your civilian luggage and lock them up during the week.  Cowboy boots shouldn't pose a problem, but you'll only have access to them on the weekends when civvie lockup is opened.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me.  I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Cheers,

Rev

Handheld clothing steamer for when your tasked to iron 30 DEU shirts. You can buy it from Amazon and ship it into BMQ. Swiffer sweeper with the wet pads and dry pads. Headlight with red illumination. Portable air purifier. Portable humidifier. The air gets pretty nasty. Have a small bag of meds. Cough and cold, flu, Tylenol. If one person gets sick everyone gets sick. Latex gloves, pipe cleaner, and paintbrush set to clean your issued rifle.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

My staff always made us open packages in front everyone, and food from those packages was shared (no food on the floor where we lived).
If someone ordered a steamer and had it shipped to them I'm sure my staff would have found a hilarious/embarrassing job for them to do, assuming we were allowed to keep it.
All non-prescription meds had to be turned over on arrival. So showing up with an OTC kit sounds like a good idea, but getting to keep it might not happen. Also storage of the personal humidifier/purifier might be an issue. Civvy lock up was only open on weekends for us, after the first 5 weeks. YMMV.

messupdude said:
Handheld clothing steamer for when your tasked to iron 30 DEU shirts. You can buy it from Amazon and ship it into BMQ. Swiffer sweeper with the wet pads and dry pads. Headlight with red illumination. Portable air purifier. Portable humidifier. The air gets pretty nasty. Have a small bag of meds. Cough and cold, flu, Tylenol. If one person gets sick everyone gets sick. Latex gloves, pipe cleaner, and paintbrush set to clean your issued rifle.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Where exactly do you expect someone to store a steam cleaner, humidifier and air purifier? If you need all this to get by, you're in for a rough go.

cld617 said:
Where exactly do you expect someone to store a steam cleaner, humidifier and air purifier? If you need all this to get by, you're in for a rough go.

It was pretty easy for me. All the stuff I bought was pretty small so I just jammed it into my duffle bag or barret box. I think you're thinking about the wrong size about the steamer. It looks like this (https://goo.gl/zbUK1T). I only bought all this stuff during week 7 once I managed to nail all my timings down to put everything away in the morning and get dressed.

messupdude said:
It was pretty easy for me. All the stuff I bought was pretty small so I just jammed it into my duffle bag or barret box.

It's barrack box, btw.

paleomedic said:
It's barrack box, btw.

LOL I've been spelling it the wrong way for the longest time. I thought it was pronounced differently.

I'm halfway through week  7 now and take it from me the otc cold and flu stuff is worth its weight in gold. Bring it you will get sick everyone does,  even if it is just shack hack you will need halls and cough meds. Things like swifter pads are a must as well  for inspection. Don't bring the bigger stuff like steamed or humidifier our platoon doesn't have a room in civy lock up and the people that did bring it had it confiscated.

I never knew you could bring medicine to BMW that isn't stated on your medical. Then again things I am bringing I am expecting it to be thrown out because just my luck it won't be aloud.

Back