• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Breonna Taylor Shooting

Just a question and not meant to insult anyone:

Do cops rehearse actions at the objective when making arrests - providing they have the time?
General duty and up my people do ROC drills before search warrants, high risk arrests.

However it’s an outlier. Most will talk it out and make teams but no rehearsal.

General duty and up my people do ROC drills before search warrants, high risk arrests.

However it’s an outlier. Most will talk it out and make teams but no rehearsal.
Fuck it we’ll do it live…
Happens way too much.

I almost shot a Marshall during one raid I was on, because he decided to randomly enter the structure from a rear door unknown to the containment team after we entered.

The better Tac Teams will do some sort of rehearsal even if it’s just a talk through on route.

Most of the teams aren’t going to do that. It’s generally even worse when Narcotics try to do their own raids.

Fuck it we’ll do it live…
Happens way too much.

I almost shot a Marshall during one raid I was on, because he decided to randomly enter the structure from a rear door unknown to the containment team after we entered.

The better Tac Teams will do some sort of rehearsal even if it’s just a talk through on route.

Most of the teams aren’t going to do that. It’s generally even worse when Narcotics try to do their own raids.
Simultaneous entries with no rehearsal? Home in time for dinner!

Drug raids are consistently a dogs breakfast. “But they’ll destroy the eviiiidennnnnnce!”

The advantage that Tactical and similar groups (names and roles vary between agencies) is they do a lot more regular training than road warriors and get to train as a team. Table top briefings can only go so far, particularly when some of the participants might not regularly work together or even know each other.

Back