• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bra hijack from the Toronto Star thread...

Hollywog

Inactive
Reaction score
Harper sent tanks over, big step when the libs were going to cut them regardless the consequences,...

Maybe he should invest in the combat bra to uplift the forces.
>:D

Hollywog said:
Maybe he should invest in the combat bra to uplift the forces.
>:D

Uhhh, no thanks. We've already been there and as one who was part of the trials run on those puppies...I say "keep the hell out of my lingerie drawer."  :mad:

The Librarian said:
Uhhh, no thanks. We've already been there and as one who was part of the trials run on those puppies...

Which puppies exactly?

PPCLI Guy said:
Which puppies exactly?

LOL, I have no puppies to speak of. I refer to the proposed combat bra (and it's various ineffective designs) as 'those puppies.'

And hey, if they can't make them work for 'lil old me...they won't work for anyone!!  ;)

The Librarian said:
LOL, I have no puppies to speak of. I refer to the proposed combat bra (and it's various ineffective designs) as 'those puppies.'

And hey, if they can't make them work for 'lil old me...they won't work for anyone!!  ;)

Was it 10,000,000 they threw away on them? Could have been used on actual military kit, but that's not as politically correct.

Hollywog said:
Was it 10,000,000 they threw away on them? Could have been used on actual military kit, but that's not as politically correct.

Hmmm, I just find your comment "actual military kit" funny seeing as how we've been buying and issuing the boys boxers for eons.  I'd argue that female underwear is just as essential a piece of "kit."  Why is male underwear OK....is it politically correct? Just a point to ponder. Just because youy don't wear a bra...doesn't mean it's not important, especially while running, marching etc (especially as we women discover gravity!!  ;) ).

Glad though that they eventually settled on the BTU Allowance we females receive...so we can buy what actually works for us.

The Librarian said:
Hmmm, I just find your comment "actual military kit" funny seeing as how we've been buying and issuing the boys boxers for eons.  I'd argue that female underwear is just as essential a piece of "kit."  Why is male underwear OK....is it politically correct? Just a point to ponder. Just because youy don't wear a bra...doesn't mean it's not important, especially while running, marching etc (especially as we women discover gravity!!  ;) ).

Glad though that they eventually settled on the BTU Allowance we females receive...so we can buy what actually works for us.

I guess I'm looking from the wrong angle,  oops.

As a reservist decades ago we bought our own gitch. 

did they spend that develop boxers for the guys?  My understanding was the 10m was on R&D not just purchases.

PS I never wore the wool socks either. Those I was issued.

Hollywog said:
I guess I'm looking from the wrong angle,  oops.

As a reservist decades ago we bought our own gitch. 

did they spend that develop boxers for the guys?  My understanding was the 10m was on R&D not just purchases.

PS I never wore the wool socks either. Those I was issued.

Ahhh but decades ago...even the passion killer boxers sucked. We are moving up in the world!!  ;)

Today' version of the passion killers

Oh and a side noted I'm editing in...the BTU costs you've given aren't correct. CTS is a huge project involving many items of kit...your 10m figure was undergarment related...not just a BTU item cost.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I thought the boxers were unisex.

The new ones are.

But way back when the old passion killers were first being purchased and issued, only the boys were entitled and got them. There was a previous post about how somehow the CF buying girls bras was done because it was "politically correct." I used the old passion killers as the example that...we've been buying the boys underwear for years...why not the girls?

We were just making note of the changes now being seen in the system.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/25_e.asp
Gee, aren't those just the sexiest things you've ever put on??  :D
I thought the only reason "us guys" got issued those wonderful boxers was to trade with the girls in the field who liked them for sleepwear??!!  ;D
I must ask this one, stupid as it may be, do they still have the combat bra in the system and issue them?  I heard that most girls found them extremely uncomfortable and ill-fitting?
Cheers,
interesting subject ??

BYT Driver said:
I must ask this one, stupid as it may be, do they still have the combat bra in the system and issue them?  I heard that most girls found them extremely uncomfortable and ill-fitting?
Cheers,
interesting subject ??

See this post

I love the new issued boxers.. it makes my package look...... augh.... you know..  ;D

TN2IC said:
I love the new issued boxers.. it makes my package look...... augh.... you know..  ;D

Ugh. Really didn't need a mental picture thanks.... :-X ;D

TN2IC said:
...somehow....even less tiny?  >:D

Just trying to help you finish the sentence here    ;D

Back