• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot Help!: Orange Texture

FutureInfantryOficer

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
    My boots currently have this funny orange texture on the toes. Does anybody know how to fix them?  ???

I think he's referring to the fruit. As in the peel of an orange.  I usually told my cadets to just strip em and start over.

Edit: Wait a minute Stacked, I think I see what you did there. My bad.  :facepalm:

The issue seems to be related to the glue (just an educated guess on my part) that was used in the application of the sole. I have my wet weather boots back from re-soling and the orange stuff started showing up as soon as I wore them for a few hours. It was removed with boot polish and in a few days the residue stopped appearing.

Hope that helps.

FutureInfantryOfficer said:
      Yes black polish what else would it be?

You really have to start thinking before you start typing.

The black polish suggestion was in answer to your open ended and unclear question in the original post.

LOL, Wow!

I thought the admin was a little hard on you in the other thread when they warned you about the contents of your posts on here.

But after this one, I'm starting to wonder.

FutureInfantryOfficer said:
    My boots currently have this funny orange texture on the toes. Does anybody know how to fix them?  ???

If you're refering to an almost "basketball-like" nubby texture, my boots were the same.
Very, very bumpy texture (grain?) on the leather.

As soon as I got my initial issue, (2 pair), I polished both pairs at least once a day, (whether they were worn that day or not).

By the end of BMQ/SQ (2 months), both pairs had a nice, smooth,  even texture.
Some "nubbiness" remains waaaay up high on the boots, but I'm not in a twist about it.

Back