• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Booking room in Quebec city

meni0n

Reaction score
Was thinking of going to visit Quebec City with the wife this summer and was wondering if it's still possible to book a room on base or at the citadel. Do I just call the R&Q section in Valcartier?

meni0n said:
Was thinking of going to visit Quebec City with the wife this summer and was wondering if it's still possible to book a room on base or at the citadel. Do I just call the R&Q section in Valcartier?

Accommodations At Bases Across Canada 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/103774.0

From the above thread:

"I am looking for either La cCtadelle in Quebec City - even if you can still book there or Valcartier.

Commercial to Valcartier is 418-844-5000.  Base accom is 5834.

I don't know about La Citadelle but I do know you can stay at Pointe a Carcy Barracks which is right in old Quebec City

Number is 1 418 694 5560 follow the directions hit 9 for english and then 3 for residence. Call during work hours 8-4"

From what I've been told from members who have done this last summer, is that all you need is a valid ID.

Never hurts to give them a call.

GreenWood said:
From what I've been told from members who have done this last summer, is that all you need is a valid ID.

Never hurts to give them a call.

Pointe a Carcy might be a good choice too.

How romantic...  :sarcasm:
:sorry:

The Fairmount Chateau Frontenac actually has a special rate at the moment for military until December 31, 2015. You can get a double room for $59. All you need to do is call to reserve a room under the military rate (phone number: 1-800-441-1414) and then present your ID at check-in. There are more details about this offer on the CF appreciation website.

If Château Frontenac offers such a deal for military personnel, I would definitively go for it. Great location; very easy to do everythings by foot.

Since you are in the area, I hope you will go a bit further east, in Charlevoix. Nice views of the St-Lawrence. And if you want, you can take the ferry at St-Siméon to cross the river (the crossing takes about 65 minutes) to Rivière-du-Loup or at les Escoumins (90 minutes to cross the river) to Trois-Pistols.

Also, if there is such a deal for Château Frontenac, check if Fairmount offers the same thing at Manoir Richelieu, in les Éboulements.

To add to the above two posts,

Recommend hotel in Old City Quebec 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/99363.0

Also,

"If you don't mind austere conditions you could always get a room at the NAVRESHQ. It's right in old Quebec and I imagine wouldn't be too pricey."
Reply #9.

It was $50 for two people for one night at the Fleet School (Quebec), and I wouldn't call it austere, and it's within walking distance of the downtown, or the Frontenac

Stayed 3 nights. Very clean, quite and safe. Friendly staff perfect location. I will be back

Back