• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ/SQ weapons training?

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering what weapons I will have a chance to train with this summer while doing my Reserves' BMQ/SQ courses. Could anyone possibly list off a few?

thanks!

I hope that you'll train on as much weapons as you wish, but when i did my reg force bmq in St-Jean in 2001 , we trained on the C-7 only. I qualified on the grenades and Carl-Gustav at the unit. (i mean train and shoot/throw). It all depends on the amount of money they have for ammo. I trained on the M-72 grenade launcher, but never fired it though$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

delavan said:
I trained on the M-72 grenade launcher, but never fired it though$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do know its not a grenade launcher right ?

Da_man said:
Carl G is no longer part of reserve BMQ,SQ or even Infantry DP1

You sure about that?  I am doing my SQ and BIQ this summer, and I was told I will be using the Carl G on SQ...  Anyone know for sure?  Thanx

The Carl G is no longer taught on SQ (or DP1 INF); it's now up to your home unit to teach it as part of your annual IBTS Training. Also, the Carl G is now meant for Operational Training. My SQ course was among the very last serial to train on said weapon; hell our course was also among the last to train with the C6 when it still had the old 3-stage gas regulator that could be adjusted without removing it.

My SQ course was also one of the last (or was the last) to fire the Carl G

It was awsome

Yeah the 84 is definatly gone from SQ. We fired it in BIQ but only got to shoot the TP RAP rounds. Its kind of a shame that we can't see the full effect of an actual HEAT round  on that course. Oh yeah we fired 2 sub cal 7.62 rounds out of it too.

That's the exact same way it went on my SQ, bigwig, to a "T." As for firing HEAT rounds, apparently those who are involved with pre-deployment training get to fire them when doing a refresher for the Carl-G (same with the M-203, HE not Chalk.) At least this is what I've heard from others who did Pre-Deployment for Bosnia.

I'm staff on the BIQ and the Karl G (which is technically called a grenade launcher when searching it by NSN) and M203 are topics that are covered.

How about at Operation Stalwart Guardian? I heard you get to try using A LOT of different weapons (arty, mortars, M2 .50 cal etc...) form different branches of the army to become familiarized with them. Does anyone know anything about that?

A bit of clarification on which course fires what weapon system.  Both R Force and Pres do the following:

BMQ
PO 102 Operate the Service Rifle - 54 x periods.

SQ
PO 105 Fire the GPMG, 7.62mm, C6 - 30 x periods.
PO 106 Fire the LMG, 5.56mm, C9 - 31 x periods.
PO 109 Throw Grenades - 10 x periods.

DP 1 Inf (BIQ)
PO 101 Fire the C7 Service Rifle/M203 A1 - 60 x periods.
PO 102 Fire the 60mm Mortar - 16 x periods.
PO/EO 108.06 Fire the Defensive Command Detonated Weapon C19 (M18A1) - 3 x periods.
PO/EO 108.08 Participate as a member of a tank hunting team - 2 x periods (the only exposure a PRes student gets to the Carl Gustav).

In addition to the above, Reg Force serials will do the following:

SQ - PO 104 Fire the C7 with the C79 Optical Sight Unit - 45 x periods (including 4 x night).

DP 1 Inf - PO 110 Fire the SRAAW (M) - 24 x periods (this is the Carl Gustav).

Both PO 107 Fire the SRAAW (L) (M72) and PO 108 Fire the SRAAW (M) were removed from the SQ course and are now shown as "No Train".  This happened a year or so ago.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Back