• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Selection?

bluebman52

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going in for my CFAT, Fitness test, interview, and medical tomorrow.  If all goes well, I was wondering if I might have the privilege of selecting my BMQ time.  I have a planned vacation in  August so I was hoping I could do the winter BMQ.  Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Bloody hell, you were scheduled for all the procedures for a single day? Which recruiting centre did you apply to, and when?

bluebman52 said:
I'm going in for my CFAT, Fitness test, interview, and medical tomorrow.  If all goes well, I was wondering if I might have the privilege of selecting my BMQ time.  I have a planned vacation in  August so I was hoping I could do the winter BMQ.  Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

It may take a little more information for people to offer advice.

Regular or Reserve?
Trade choices?

Yes I was scheduled for everything in one day.  I applied at the Calgary Recruiting Centre in January.
I applied for 14 Service Battalion, Calgary Alberta for Combat Engineer or Weapons Tech.  Reserve force.

I think it'd take a sheer stroke of luck for me to be scheduled for all the required procedures in a single day. Good luck mate.  :)

I would suggest letting the CFRC know of your vacation time.  State that you have committed money to this vacation and give them the exact dates you will not be available.  As far as being able to "select" a particular BMQ, I doubt it, but I understand that they will defer your enrolment for good reasons.  To me, a previous financial commitment is a pretty good reason.

If you are going Reserve then they only run BMQ either in the summer or during the fall at the Regiment. You will have fall into one of those time frames. If you are going RegF then you do have SOME wiggle room for BMQ.

I have to guess that seeing as you said 14 Service then it's Reserve.

Right now due to budget restraint some times the RC will sched everything in one day. Also if you have to come a long way. Normally we do CFAT and PT in one day and the rest on a second day. Each RC is different depending on openings and needs.

My BMQ starts August 2nd and I applied Oct 15th...wow, long process.

Its strange to read that some seem to do PT at their recruiting centre, they never did that for me.

I have a question concerning my situation on this similar matter.
I've successfully went through the medical, CFAT, interview, (generally speaking the recruiting process) about two months ago, but I haven't been sworn in let alone offered BMQ dates. Should I be concerned?

As a background I applied at the CFRC in Montreal for Infantry Officer - Reserve, and have gone through all the interviews at the unit I applied to such as the review board and interview with the CO.

R.I.S.K. said:
I have a question concerning my situation on this similar matter.
I've successfully went through the medical, CFAT, interview, (generally speaking the recruiting process) about two months ago, but I haven't been sworn in let alone offered BMQ dates. Should I be concerned?

As a background I applied at the CFRC in Montreal for Infantry Officer - Reserve, and have gone through all the interviews at the unit I applied to such as the review board and interview with the CO.
[/quot

Reserves is a tad different. The Recruiting Centre doesn't enrol you. Once your processing is done they will send your file to the Reserve unit and they will enrol you. I would recommend you contact the Reserves and ask them if the RC has "downloaded" your file yet. If not then you can prompt them to get a hold of the RC to get it done.

Snapshot007 said:
My BMQ starts August 2nd and I applied Oct 15th...wow, long process.

Its strange to read that some seem to do PT at their recruiting centre, they never did that for me.

Only if you are going PRes will you do the PT test at the RC. If you are going RegF then you will do it the first or second day of BMQ. If you do not pass the threshhold test you will be sent home no questions asked.

Back