• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Reserves 2018 - present

If I did not want to do the weekend BMQ for P.Res could I ask to do the Reg.F. BMQ at St.Jean?  I already sent the recruiter an emailed but he said he is out of the office until next month.

After my interview for P.Res I was advised BMQ will only be every other weekend instead of full time and I honestly really want a true bootcamp experience! I want to push myself and see exactly what I am capable of and want to be the best soldier I can be and St. Jean BMQ is where I see myself doing basic and helping me reach my goals.

I do have a goal to CT to Reg after a few years in Res but now second guessing and maybe should just do Reg from the start; opinions?

LadyPhoenix89 said:
I do have a goal to CT to Reg after a few years in Res but now second guessing and maybe should just do Reg from the start; opinions?

Depends if you want a full-time or part-time job.

If considering a CT, some have shared their experiences with the process,

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.1250
58 pages.

If your goal is to ct to the regular force in a couple years then you should switch from the reserves to the regular force and do it now.

mariomike said:
Depends if you want a full-time or part-time job.

If considering a CT, some have shared their experiences with the process,

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.1250
58 pages.

If my medical is approved and I am accepted and offered a position, I wanted a B class and do full time Res anyway.

Full time Class B positions tend to be very competitive and sought after. Until you are at the very least trade qualified you will have a hard time successfully landing one of those contracts, as you will be competing with people who have years of experience in their trade or in the job being applied for.

LadyPhoenix89 said:
If I did not want to do the weekend BMQ for P.Res could I ask to do the Reg.F. BMQ at St.Jean?  I already sent the recruiter an emailed but he said he is out of the office until next month.

After my interview for P.Res I was advised BMQ will only be every other weekend instead of full time and I honestly really want a true bootcamp experience! I want to push myself and see exactly what I am capable of and want to be the best soldier I can be and St. Jean BMQ is where I see myself doing basic and helping me reach my goals.

Reg F BMQ is for Reg F. Some air reservists do it but army and navy reservists have their own BMQ. The navy has a summer BMQ option if you want a full time experience. It won't be the same as Reg F but likely a closer experience than weekend BMQ.

However if your goal is to push yourself and see what your limits are by doing Reg F bmq, why not just go Reg F now?

paleomedic said:
However if your goal is to push yourself and see what your limits are by doing Reg F bmq, why not just go Reg F now?

I have talked to my husband and sent the recruiter another email; I am switching my application from Reserve to Regular Force! Decided to not waste time when I can meet my end goal sooner if I just got Reg Force from the start.

LadyPhoenix89 said:
I have talked to my husband and sent the recruiter another email; I am switching my application from Reserve to Regular Force! Decided to not waste time when I can meet my end goal sooner if I just got Reg Force from the start.

Good choice.

The reserves aren't bad(as in waste of time) but it's very difficult to get a career or full time employment as a reservist. The chances of you getting a class B contract as a newly trained reservist was probably pretty small.

Back