• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Reserves 2010 - 2017

Seize said:
i am in the army. i am just trying to find out the dates for the 2017 full time bmq's so i can work my schedule around it.

The dates will also depend on where in Canada your reserve unit is located and how far they are wiling to send you for full time BMQ. Does your unit know about the fact that you want full-time basic? Preferably in writing since people forget things all the time.

Seize said:
i am in the army.

Congratulations. If you tell us which unit, we can Google their telephone number for you.

Is there anyone on here who will be doing their basic training on the 21 of February at Fort york? I am attending and it'll be good to know some people who will attending with me.

I'll be at the same BMQ. I'm not in co-op, but they've grouped me in with you guys. See you there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey jaiden I am  starting my co-op on the same day I'm doing my enrollment on the 16 at fork York, are you doing your training there or somewhere else? I'm doing my coop training in georgetown! Pm me! I'm so happy to see somone on here that I will be with

Im also attending on the 21st for enrollment and im doing my training in georgetown as well !

Hi Guys,

I have been checking the forums for advise on Reserves BMQ particularly full time but couldn't find anything. So my question is, for those that did the full time Reserves BMQ can anyone share with me what i should be expecting. Also what do we bring with me during BMQ/L? And after completing both BMQ/L what should i expect to happen next? By the way BMQ/L are May-Jun and then AUG-Sep and my MOC is Artillery 7th Reg. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have been wondering for a while what happens during the weekends during your BMQ/BMOQ. I know they work you pretty hard through the week and strictly limit your sleep. I am definitely up for the challenge, but I am wondering if the recruits get a chance to rest up on the weekends at all. Perhaps sleep till 6:30 rather than 5:30? Leave the base if they want to? I've never seen this addressed. I'm hoping for even just one day a week (Sundays?) when we aren't worked to exhaustion. Hopefully that doesn't make me sound like a lazy bones!

MikeApplying said:
I have been wondering for a while what happens during the weekends during your BMQ/BMOQ.

Weekends at St. Jean
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+BMQ+st+jean+weekends&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-SYGWZbpHKSC8QfXvK2QCg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca++jean+weekends&spf=375

When can you expect weekends off in BMOQ?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/102699.0
2 pages.

BMQ Weekends 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/31164.0.html
"How do you spend your time during the weekends at BMQ Saint Jean."
6 pages.

etc...

Forces.ca
"Candidates will have restricted free time for the first four weekends, with training scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. After this initial period, requests for leave on the weekend will be granted depending upon your training performance."

The problem with sleeping in is missing breakfast. If you do, and you are past indoc (week 5) you can go to Subway and buy breakfast. If you are past indoc, you could also leave the Mega if you have a leave pass or permission to leave.
Before the end of indoc, you will be given chores, homework, station jobs, etc to keep you busy. There is a bit of latitude in the hours, but you still keep pretty much the same schedule.

MikeApplying said:
Perhaps sleep till 6:30 rather than 5:30?

A typical training day at CFLRS consists of:

a.0500 hrs: wake up;

b.0510 hrs: morning physical training;

c.0630 hrs: breakfast;

d.0700 hrs: inspection of quarters and beginning of instruction;

e.1130 hrs: lunch;

f.1230 hrs: instruction;

g.1700 hrs: dinner;

h.1800 hrs: common station jobs, personal hygiene, study period; and

i.2300 hrs: lights out.

mariomike said:
Weekends at St. Jean
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+BMQ+st+jean+weekends&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-SYGWZbpHKSC8QfXvK2QCg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca++jean+weekends&spf=375

When can you expect weekends off in BMOQ?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/102699.0
2 pages.

BMQ Weekends 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/31164.0.html
"How do you spend your time during the weekends at BMQ Saint Jean."
6 pages.

etc...

Forces.ca
"Candidates will have restricted free time for the first four weekends, with training scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. After this initial period, requests for leave on the weekend will be granted depending upon your training performance."

Thanks very much

Hello,
First off, forgive me if this post is in the wrong place/off in any way. I did plenty of searching and didn't find what I was looking for, so:

Has anyone here received word about summer BMQ at Meaford this year? I've heard from recruiting staff that it's supposed to begin in early June (or maybe July) but nothing beyond that. I ask because I have to finish up work, contact my employer and other personal matters but have no way to accurately tell work/family/friends when I'll actually be away. I realize this is a common complaint and my situation is not special, however I figured I'd do my best to find out what's going on given the lack of information from recruiting staff and my contact at the regiment. I fully understand that waiting is a big part of any CAF career, I just figured that some extra research couldn't hurt.

Thanks  :cdn:

Anyone on the forum doing BMQ Land or DP1 Armoured Recce (PRes) this summer in Gagetown?
If you are (especially if your 8CH) send me a DM.

tyorke0 said:
Anyone on the forum doing BMQ Land or DP1 Armoured Recce (PRes) this summer in Gagetown?
If you are (especially if your 8CH) send me a DM.

No waiting to do mine near Montréal this summer, but i think i will be doing it this fall by w-e

Back