• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

**Update** I have found the dates, thank you.

I have been clicking the links you guys have provided but I do not see anywhere that shows the start dates; even the outdated ones.

Tothy said:
I have been clicking the links you guys have provided but I do not see anywhere that shows the start dates; even the outdated ones.

Click on the drop down arrow beside "Graduation Ceremonies" (highlighted in blue) and scroll down to the header that says "Calendar".

I'm looking for a carpool from st jean to ottawa on weekend's. If anyone has a spot or knows of someone who has a spot, could you please let me know. I'm trying to get home to my  7 year old daughter.
Thanks

TinyChef said:
I'm looking for a carpool from st jean to ottawa on weekend's.

See also,

February 29th bmq 2016 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/121797/post-1429283.html#msg1429283

TinyChef said:
I'm looking for a carpool from st jean to ottawa on weekends.

BMQ 14 March 2016 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122199/post-1429282.html#msg1429282

TinyChef said:
I'm looking for a carpool from st jean to ottawa on weekends.

Perhaps TinyChef could post carpool requests here,

Carpool/Rideshare Directory 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/110964.0

I swear in on the 10th of may and report to my unit 11 May, I am reg force now my question is how long will it take to get issued my kit? I have checked the clothing stores in the NCR and the online appointment booking tool states initial issue appointments are booked until 31 May. I just can not see myself waiting that long to get kit after I get in can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Are you CTing from the ResF?

If so, you should be retaining your operational dress anyway.  And yes, it takes that long to get initial kitting in the NCR.  Units in the NCR know that though and none will require you to have/utilize kit that you have not been issued to date.

Is this a re-enlistment?

Your profile says "private" and unit: DGIMO.

If you are swearing in tomorrow for the first time, you are still a civilian, and you should not have been assigned to a unit yet.

If first enlistment, you get your kit issued to you at Saint-Jean when you show up for basic, in your civvies.

If this is a re-enlistment, then you are stuck getting an appointment wherever they send you first. But I suspect that your unit might be able to put in a good word on your behalf to get you an early appointment. If not, they will understand, so not to worry.

Yes it is a re-enlistment I am technically Private (Ret.) and the unit I am being posted to is DGIMO

No, it is unlikely you are Pte(Ret'd).  QR&O 15.09 limits the use of "Retired" to members with 10 or more years, honorably released.  Few Ptes hit the 10 year mark at that rank.

Ksiiqtaboo said:
I swear in on the 10th of may and report to my unit 11 May, I am reg force now my question is how long will it take to get issued my kit? I have checked the clothing stores in the NCR and the online appointment booking tool states initial issue appointments are booked until 31 May. I just can not see myself waiting that long to get kit after I get in can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance

Rob

If you have the contact info for your unit, perhaps they would be the best ones to ask.  After all is said and done, it is them who will be making your appointments, if they have not already planned ahead and done so.

Just wondering if recruits can stay at the hotel with their families on the night of graduation or do they have to be back by a certain time? Thanks!

Sophie87 said:
Just wondering if recruits can stay at the hotel with their families on the night of graduation or do they have to be back by a certain time?
The ceremony is approximately an hour long and is followed by a reception for the graduates, their families and their instructors. After the reception, with their instructors' approval, graduates can go out for the evening with their families, but will have to return to the School no later than 10:00 pm.

The evening prior to the Graduation Ceremony, from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, with their instructors’ approval, graduates can welcome guests at the main building entrance and shall proceed to the O'Mega Mess or the cafeteria. Graduates may be granted permission to have supper in town.

A few weeks before the Graduation Ceremony, candidates will be informed of the procedure to gain permission to meet their respective families and friends for the evenings before and after the Graduation Ceremony.

What happens after the course?

A few weeks prior to the Graduation Ceremony, candidates will find out when and where they will have to report to their next training establishment. In most cases, graduates leave the day following the ceremony. In some exceptional cases and if the conditions allow it, graduates may leave with their families after the ceremony if they have received permission from their instructors.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

Thank you! I actually already read this info but I was told different things by current members who said they did go for the night, and others that said they couldn't. I appreciate your help though.

Sophie87 said:
Thank you! I actually already read this info but I was told different things by current members who said they did go for the night, and others that said they couldn't. I appreciate your help though.

Well then!.........I guess you will just have to wait until it is time for you to graduate and find out from your Staff what their judgement call will be.

Ksiiqtaboo said:
Thanks in advance
Rob

Chances are Clothing Stores may give you the "basics" for your dress requirements (ie; Beret, Boots and CADPAT).  Beyond that, you'll most likely need an appt for "full" kitting at a future date.

Some Clothing Stores will have a beret, most will not. A sizing appointment will be made to get your DEU items ordered through Logistick Unicorp. You said you had some previous service? If you have a beret it would be very helpful to your cause - as DAA stated, they MAY afford you what they can at Clothing like a set or two of combats, raingear... if you still have boots, I would grab them as well - there are issues right now with stocking of certain styles / sizes and depending on your entitlements as well.

Is anyone else starting BMQ on August 1st of 2016? Just curious to see! I've waited a long time to be accepted and so glad it finally came! I'm both excited and a little bit nervous, hope to see some of you there!

Back