• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Hey everyone remember when writing your bio to double space include a cover page and use blue ink! We don't wanna give them any reason to make us do this again do we....... I'm sure they'll come up with enough non reasons for us to do it!

quick tip ..... chill the *** out hahah , don't start stressing right now , you are not even there yet , don't worry once you will get there they will tell you everything you need to know and how to do it , don't start overstressing things out right now ....

you don't want to go over paranoiac yet , wait at least until they start screaming in front of you !

Scrap422 said:
Hey everyone remember when writing your bio to double space include a cover page and use blue ink! We don't wanna give them any reason to make us do this again do we....... I'm sure they'll come up with enough non reasons for us to do it!

Can you do mine?

Also, good luck to 0068E and 0070E.  I'll see you Saturday.

krimynal said:
quick tip ..... chill the *** out hahah , don't start stressing right now , you are not even there yet , don't worry once you will get there they will tell you everything you need to know and how to do it , don't start overstressing things out right now ....

you don't want to go over paranoiac yet , wait at least until they start screaming in front of you !

Just a quick tip no need to be an *** to recruits going in also, I spoke to 3 different ppl who missed some of that info while writing theirs and were very happy I pointed it out to them.

It's coming up quick!! Question why do we need the extra $150? Is that a just in case fund?

AlphaBravo said:
It's coming up quick!! Question why do we need the extra $150? Is that a just in case fund?

Just in case something happens between the Montreal Airport and St Jean.  Say for instance, something goes wrong with our shuttle bus and you need cash for a taxi.

Scrap422 said:
Just a quick tip no need to be an *** to recruits going in also, I spoke to 3 different ppl who missed some of that info while writing theirs and were very happy I pointed it out to them.

I'm not an asshole , I'm simply pointing out that you don't need to stress over anything , they will tell you everything.  If they did it wrong , it's simply because they didn't read / listen correctly to what the staff was saying.  Period , don't get mad about anything I said , it's a simply tip , you don't need to stress , chill out and everything will be fine !

krimynal said:
I'm not an ******* , I'm simply pointing out that you don't need to stress over anything , they will tell you everything.  If they did it wrong , it's simply because they didn't read / listen correctly to what the staff was saying.  Period , don't get mad about anything I said , it's a simply tip , you don't need to stress , chill out and everything will be fine !
For what it is worth, I read your original suggestion of 'just relax' as a helpful comment, not as a 'bashing on the new kids' type of post.  Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride everyone.  Go for a walk or run if you need to relax a little, it's been helping me keep things in perspective. 

See you all Saturday. 

trust me I'm not there to bash on anyone , I'm actually just giving you a quick tip , they will find EVERY reason to stress you out , that's what BMQ / SQ is all about , so don't start stressing out right now , take some deep breath , enjoy the sunny day from here till sunday , and spend time sleeping and getting everything sorted out back home.

That way once you get there , you are relaxed and ready to focus on what's coming.  I know some of you might already be stressed out and anxious , and trust me , lot's of people before you were also , and you know what they made it thought !

Just relax , pay attention , you will fall , you will make mistake , you will look like a dummy , it's all part of the game.  Just keep the focus on the goal you have and the reason why you want to do it , and bingo , before you know it , 13 weeks are gonna be over and you will be done with BMQ !

I've been packed and ready to go for a few days now LOL. i have been waiting for this for over a decade now so I am extremely pumped for this. It is going to be hard being away form my wife and kids but in the end it will be so worth it.

On that last security form they didn't think about how often people move in ten years. I needed a second piece of paper for it and also my jobs LOL

I'm pretty sure the $150-$250 requirement to bring with you is for Canex when you arrive. If you don't have the money they will give you a deposit out of your first pay cheque for it.

oh and for the Auto-Bios I bought a 5 pack of the 8.5x14 paper so I will have lots for anyone that needs some. All we need is a draft made up for Saturday then I guess we will have time to fine tune it while there.

JAGWIRE said:
oh and for the Auto-Bios I bought a 5 pack of the 8.5x14 paper so I will have lots for anyone that needs some. All we need is a draft made up for Saturday then I guess we will have time to fine tune it while there.

$20 pack from Staples?

Moore said:
Same problem as me lol.
Well I guess it's good to have extra as we are going to be writing it multiple times, at least that is what I have read on here.

I have been packed for awhile now haha, it's getting closer. I have finished my Autobiography so I am happy about that, I am getting more and more nervous as the time gets closer, but this time I am using for sleep and time with my Fiance before I take off. I am going to miss her lots but I know this will be good, and she supports me. I have decided on taking 3 bags with me, one backpack which has all my heavier items (Figured it would be easier to carry up the stairs) a suitcase with my clothing, and a carry on bag with my laptop and all my military information, EG: the trip log, my posting message, autobiography etc.

JAGWIRE, so sorry I didn't see your post asking about the Prep Classes! There is one more tomorrow at 8:30 am at Stadacona gym, but it won't be a simulation of the test. However, it will be a circuit workout, and it would give you a chance to speak to a PSP staff member who could give you some good advice/tips about the test. BTW, when is your flight? I fly out at 13:20 pm on Porter Saturday, and there is a few others as well :)

Back