• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Hobbit4190 said:
I think it's just nerves more than anything to be honest! I've got it worked out. The people on this thread are excellent  :nod:
Hello fellow Nav. Come! We are also both from the east coast which is even better.

JAGWIRE said:
Any lay overs or just direct?
Vancouver airport is very nice and easy to navigate you'll be fine.

I leave Abbotsford airport, go to Calgary, then to Toronto, then to Montreal.

I have the worst upper body strength.  No matter how much I try to improve it. But thank you and I'll definitely look into doing more of that

The holidays are a great time of year for that  :p. Best thing you can do to prepare is just make some simple changes to your diet, drink plenty of water, and try to keep active if you got the time.

Here's a quick 45-60 minute workout that I've been using for the past 4 months. A friend of mine who designed it is a kinesioligist/personal trainer made it. It's very beginner/intermediate/expert friendly in that you can adjust it to your fitness level. You can also add in weight lifting afterwards if you wish to further strengthen your upper body.

Feel free to use it at your leisure!

20 minute jog/run at an incline
15 minute HIIT on an eliptical, 30 seconds of high intensity, then 45s-1m going at a medium level

rest for three minutes

50 jumping jacks
15 lunges (15 each leg)
20 pushups
20 situps
20 jump squates
20 pushups
20 situps
15 burpees
30 jump ropes

rest for 3 minutes, then repeat two more times.

Hobbit4190 said:
Hello fellow Nav Comm! Nice to see someone with the same trade. Which platoon are you?
I havn't been told yet. Hopefully when I go in on the 22nd for my swear in they will tell me.

AlphaBravo said:
I leave Abbotsford airport, go to Calgary, then to Toronto, then to Montreal.
Biggest piece of advise is to find your new gate before doing anything else. All airports are the same just follow the signs and you will be fine.

JAGWIRE said:
Biggest piece of advise is to find your new gate before doing anything else. All airports are the same just follow the signs and you will be fine.

I think at this point I am more nervous for the FORCE test then anything more or less the 20m rushes.

Ok if you don't have a base near you (and yes there is snow in the ground for most of us) go outside measure 20m put something to indicate the 10m mark. Ask a friend spouse stranger lol to time you we all have stop watches on our smartphones. Watch the video the link was provided in an earlier post and practise remember practise makes progress!
I have been doing this since June with the force test.  The shuttle run some ppl say oh that's easy but everyone has there strengths and weaknesses all you can do is try and be the best prepared you can be.  I'm slow as anything running so I'm sure ppl will be looping me during 5km but not giving up is key!

AlphaBravo said:
I think at this point I am more nervous for the FORCE test then anything more or less the 20m rushes.
I have talked to a bunch of people about the FORCE test and most of them said that it it nothing to be worried about.

force test is pretty simple and easy , only 1 thing is a bit harder , it's the 51 sec. shuttle drop down part.  but if you are somewhat in shape you shouldn't have any worries !

Hey guys, quick question. Im heading to BMQ on the 16th. Any ideas when should i know when will i get my platoon number?

Thanks

4drian said:
Hey guys, quick question. Im heading to BMQ on the 16th. Any ideas when should i know when will i get my platoon number?

Thanks
I found mine in my offer letter.

Hey! I am going for that date as well (you are the second person I found for this date!)

Ei2014 said:
Hey! I am going for that date as well (you are the second person I found for this date!)

I've only found 2 or February 9th and that's probably as many as I'll find. You're lucky already having known 2 haha. Good luck at BMQ guys I'll probably post what's going on in my thread in the personal stories when I get there :)

Got my offer today! Swear in Jan. 27th in Ottawa, and leave on the 7th.  :)

Edit: Going in for Infantry.

.Floyd said:
Got my offer today! Swear in Jan. 27th in Ottawa, and leave on the 7th.  :)

Edit: Going in for Infantry.

Nice! Quite a few Infantry going. I'm going to send you a message man.

Back