• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Katherine11 said:
Hey Guys,
Just found this site and glad to see all the tips you have posted - Flying out from Toronto, Jan 24th around noon.
Walked through the force test today and it seems relatively straight forward - A little worried about the superman rushes but the PSP staff gave some great tips - I set up a time to actually run it a week before BMQ. Definitely recommend doing a run through if possible!
2 weeks left of prep and it seems to be flying by.
What time are you getting into Montreal? Will you make the 2pm shuttle? Also did you get your serial number yet?  So far from here I've established we have platoon 0070E and 0068E....

0068E here ☺️ I'm still nervous about the flying aspect because this will be my first time flying on my own. I am not even sure how I go about checking in for my flights or I have to or not haha.

Don't sweat it.  I find flying via commercial airlines fun.  It's super easy if you show up 1 to 2 hours before your flight, take your time and relax.  Most airports I've been have excellent navigation assistance like big easy to read signs or maps.  Usually, after checking in, getting through security and finding my gate, I normally have 30 minutes to kill.  The main point to make it as less stressful as possible, show up way before your take off time.

AlphaBravo said:
0068E here ☺️ I'm still nervous about the flying aspect because this will be my first time flying on my own. I am not even sure how I go about checking in for my flights or I have to or not haha.
Hey tried to PM you but your inbox is full

To add on to what others have said here's just a couple of the biggest tips I learned for smooth flying (this goes in addition to what's already been said above) :

-Departure time, is NOT boarding time.  Boarding time is in most cases 30 minutes before the departure time.  The staff at the departure gate desk will kindly tell you when boarding time is, so be ready and waiting for that. 

-Again as mentioned above, staff at airports are plentiful (usually) and ready to help.  They know travel can be confusing and stressful so just find someone (which is easy) and they'll get you sorted out. 

-Find your gate as soon as you clear security THEN go look for food / etc.  Stops you from having to run across the airport to catch your flight because it eliminates any mystery of where you have to be at boarding time. 

-Empty your carry on Bag at home, completely, 100%, before you start packing it.  This will prevent unexpected surprises at security.  How my friends rubber training knife ended up in my bag I will never know but security had a laugh at it. 

-Bring gum for the plane : chewing helps if your ears pop. 

-Have your documents (ID, Credit card, Flight info handy and ready to present.  You will need it often.  However, do not leave it somewhere like in an open pocket so you drop it on the floor and then have a whole new problem.  Keep it close, accessible, but secure. 

-Bathrooms on planes are tiny, try and go before hand.

Scrap422 said:
What time are you getting into Montreal? Will you make the 2pm shuttle? Also did you get your serial number yet?  So far from here I've established we have platoon 0070E and 0068E....

I am getting there just after 1 so I should be able to make the shuttle. I think you have until 3 before it leaves but everyone is to try and gather by 2. I am on R0070E. Which one are you on? Regardless, it will be nice to know a fellow clerk :)

I am going to be there for the February 23 start date! I have yet to find anyone going the same time as me! 

Ei2014 said:
I am going to be there for the February 23 start date! I have yet to find anyone going the same time as me!

Awesome, I'm sitting patiently being hopeful that other people on my platoon are on this website lol. There are 2 people on a facebook group and someone that posted in this thread but all three are on the french platoon.

Scrap422 said:
Hey tried to PM you but your inbox is full
Scrap you should be able to PM me now. I won't be landing in Quebec until about 5:30 pm so I will be getting the 7oclock shuttle.

And I planned on getting to the airport for about an hour and a half early. Just in case haha.

AlphaBravo said:
Scrap you should be able to PM me now. I won't be landing in Quebec until about 5:30 pm so I will be getting the 7oclock shuttle.

And I planned on getting to the airport for about an hour and a half early. Just in case haha.

Nope still not working no worries though most of what I was sending you has been covered if you have any questions feel free to pm me I have  a lot of flying and travel experience so tons of tips!

Katherine11 said:
I am getting there just after 1 so I should be able to make the shuttle. I think you have until 3 before it leaves but everyone is to try and gather by 2. I am on R0070E. Which one are you on? Regardless, it will be nice to know a fellow clerk :)
Oh that's too bad I'm R0068E, I will be on the 2pm shuttle though.  Spoke to Clerk79 she doesn't know which platoon she's in yet so we are still waiting to find that out as well.

BorisK said:
On another note, I emailed the CFRC today, to see if they could direct me to an ASU here in Toronto so I could maybe, if I have time and they have availability, come in and review the Force Test and maybe learn some other tidbits.  I'm waiting to hear back.  Worst case if I don't hear anything I'm not stressed out and will be fine just getting on a plane and enjoying the adventure. 

Only a couple weeks left : )

The only ASU in Toronto is Dennison Armouries. Not sure if they are still referred to as ASU Toronto or not. They have PSP staff every day but they don't do FORCE tests every day. I know in London the PSP staff do not do the FORCE test at all; it is done by (trained) personnel in various units. I did mine with 31 CBG HQ for example. (we do not have PSP staff in London except once  a month when they come down for IPSC and other special cases.)
The fitness testing they do at BMQ is not identical to the FORCE test and has elements of the EXPres test I'm told.

The only thing you have to pass is the 4 elements of the Force Test at BMQ. BUT, they do the beep test from the old express test but it does not count. So as long as we can pass the FORCE Test, we are all fine.

I usually stayed at the Mess O Mega for cheap and walking distance back to my room. Good times!

Scrap422 said:
Only 12 more days how is everyone feeling??
Nervous! There's still so much left to do, and so much that I'm still clueless about. Hopefully, I'll be hearing from my recruiting centre soon.

I know that the CEGEP has a really good football team. They have games mostly on sundays, if ever you get the change to go, it could be fun! Close to the CEGEP, there is a little restaurant open 24h/7, it is really good! There is route 66 (rue richelieu) that has a lot of bars. Although I'm not certain you will be aloud.

This is most of what I know! good luck  ;)

Hey guys and gals! I got my platoon, I am 0070. Who else is with me? I am getting nervous!!

Back