• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

BorisK said:
These videos show 'common errors' that helped me relax a little more. 

https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/FORCEprogram/Pages/FORCE_videos.aspx

Yes they are very handy videos I actually found them this summer and measured out a course in my back yard to practise the only one I was having trouble with was the 51 second run however, got down to 59.  I'm in much better shape now so hopefully when I go on Friday I will be able to complete all 4 no worries that will help me relax a lot

I have been practicing my burpee to floor (with hand release) technique like crazy for the last 2 months to focus on getting up from prone faster. I hope it has helped. Today we did a mobility class for Force Prep and it was alot of burpees, lunges,  bear crawls, leopard crawls. This Friday may be a simulation so fingers crossed. Thanks for the video! I have watched these for many months like crazy! :)

I did the force test in September with a reserve unit. To be honest it was quite easy. The most out of shape and slow person in the whole group of recruits was able to finish everything with more the half of the allotted time remaining. I am not some allstar athlete or fitness nut either, If you show up in decent shape the test really shouldn't be much of a problem.

Hey Guys,
Just found this site and glad to see all the tips you have posted - Flying out from Toronto, Jan 24th around noon.
Walked through the force test today and it seems relatively straight forward - A little worried about the superman rushes but the PSP staff gave some great tips - I set up a time to actually run it a week before BMQ. Definitely recommend doing a run through if possible!
2 weeks left of prep and it seems to be flying by.

Katherine11 said:
Hey Guys,
Just found this site and glad to see all the tips you have posted - Flying out from Toronto, Jan 24th around noon.
Walked through the force test today and it seems relatively straight forward - A little worried about the superman rushes but the PSP staff gave some great tips - I set up a time to actually run it a week before BMQ. Definitely recommend doing a run through if possible!
2 weeks left of prep and it seems to be flying by.

Where are you guys going to get a prep session for the test in Toronto? Are these open to anyone?

I'm in Borden - If you can make it up this way, they will let you walk through it. Most bases seem to be doing a walk through..Read one comment about prep classes- we didn't get that here.

Katherine11 said:
Ryan - Try calling ASU Toronto and they might be able to set you up with something.

ASU ?

(Sorry I am trying to decipher that acronym but coming up blank) : )

PMedMoe said:
Area Support Unit.

Thank you.  I will call the CFRC (Toronto) tomorrow and see if they can direct me to an/the ASU that could potentially help me out. 

BorisK said:
Myself, I am getting ready for this big change by :

-Sorting and packing / Tying loose administrative ends up.
-Ramping up (somewhat, not so much that I injure myself) my PT
-Working so I can save up some extra money, plus I really am going to miss my old job and the great co-workers so it's been nice to hang with them these past days/weeks. 
-Appreciating time with family and friends
-Giving away things I just don't need any more, and preparing everything I do want to keep for storage. 

I was getting someone nervous, but I realized everyone does, and I read someone's advice was to : 'just enjoy these last weeks', so I am doing just that. 

Anyone else?

Thanks to those who shared.  As for myself.

I just purchased my storage unit today and will begin getting a few things into storage in the next few days.

Spent a lot of time with friends and family during the holidays, so now it's time to focus on preparing.

This is very exciting.

HoradricBacon said:
Thanks to those who shared.  As for myself.

I just purchased my storage unit today and will begin getting a few things into storage in the next few days.

Spent a lot of time with friends and family during the holidays, so now it's time to focus on preparing.

This is very exciting.

Purchased a storage unit?? Are you giving up your apartment and have furniture and stuff? I'm asking because CAF will move and store your stuff at their expense....as long as you pass bmq

The base closest to you may name their Force Prep simply Remedial PT. They are the classes for members who have failed their FORCE TEST and  have to attend these classes. I just asked the PSP staff here in Halifax what the Force Prep classes were and they explained to me and had no problems with me attending. The reason I decided to go was to be able to get a chance to do a simulation which they do on Friday's.

Scrap422 said:
Purchased a storage unit?? Are you giving up your apartment and have furniture and stuff? I'm asking because CAF will move and store your stuff at their expense....as long as you pass bmq

They actually give you two options.

1. They send movers to get your stuff and store it before BMQ.

2. You purchase your own storage and they reimburse you for the cost.

So,  of course I'll have to give up my apartment, there's no way I'll be paying rent for a place I'm not going to be living in.

HoradricBacon said:
They actually give you two options.

1. They send movers to get your stuff and store it before BMQ.

2. You purchase your own storage and they reimburse you for the cost.

So,  of course I'll have to give up my apartment, there's no way I'll be paying rent for a place I'm not going to be living in.

I'm having them pack and move me saves me from all the work!
Will they move it to where you get posted if you store it yourself? I didn't explore that option as I hate packing and moving stuff, (love moving in general), I've done it enough already.

Yes. Even though I've packed and put things into storage myself, they will still retrieve and move my items for me.

HoradricBacon said:
Yes. Even though I've packed and put things into storage myself, they will still retrieve and move my items for me.

They didn't even tell me this was an option... I would have gone for it.  Too late now but I would have preferred to do it this way. 

BorisK said:
They didn't even tell me this was an option... I would have gone for it.  Too late now but I would have preferred to do it this way.

So are they coming and packing your stuff for you? I feel that it is easier this way less to worry about before leaving.... Just remember to pull out some spring summer close and store them with family or friends if possible as you will not be able to access your stuff till your posting

Scrap422 said:
So are they coming and packing your stuff for you? I feel that it is easier this way less to worry about before leaving.... Just remember to pull out some spring summer close and store them with family or friends if possible as you will not be able to access your stuff till your posting

I'm splitting my stuff into two sections (well four actually)...

-Stuff I don't need for 2 years : Bed, Dishes, Big TV, Couch etc...
-Stuff I might need : Hockey gear, Guitars, Clothes, Fitness Equipment, Personal Stuff
&
-Stuff to give away
-Stuff to take to BMQ

My friend has a big place out in Ajax I can keep the stuff I might need,  The rest will be in storage with the CF until my first posting. 

On another note, I emailed the CFRC today, to see if they could direct me to an ASU here in Toronto so I could maybe, if I have time and they have availability, come in and review the Force Test and maybe learn some other tidbits.  I'm waiting to hear back.  Worst case if I don't hear anything I'm not stressed out and will be fine just getting on a plane and enjoying the adventure. 

Only a couple weeks left : )

Back