• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ @ NRTD Borden

FlatTax said:
Well I'm headed to Borden from Victoria for the course on the 28th. Should be an interesting experience. Who else will I see there?
I'm going too, from Calgary. Can't wait for it.

I went to Borden last Sept, failed the run and went to SJ for RFT.  No time to finish BMQ after passing the express test so instead of PAT I stayed on RFT for 3 months!  In great shape. 
I was only in Borden for 6 days but will pass on what I can.  The barracks is a big 2 story building with long halls and is in the this shape [ the entrance is in the middle of the left side of the bracket.  4 beds to a room.  No mixed bedrooms but mixed hallways.  Female washroom at one end, male at the other.  The base is really spread out.  They bus you to the canex and gym for your testing.  The portable classrooms are in marching distance.  The parade square is in front of the building.  Barrie is close by when you get leave after 4 weeks of being CB'd.  I am originally from Ontario so I will get my car for weekends when I have that option.
It seemed much more relaxed than SJ but I was only there a short time.  The Mega at SJ is so big and you are all inside so there is always someone waiting around the next corner to jack you up LOL.

So I 'kitted-up' today. And now I have a big green bag full of boots, jackets, a parka, and blue shirts. Have the rest of you borden bound folks finished your first aid and BMQ part 3? (history of CF and stuff like that)

Hypothetical question.  If I have my express test done with a pass and bring all necessary documentation accompanying me to NRTD Borden.  This documentation includes the yellow sheet, MPRR saying "met standard", and the DAOD stating that the test is good for one year.  Then I am good right?

Meaning, because the one year mark expires after the course is over I am not subject to the express test.  It is my understanding that one cannot be voluntold to take the test during the time while it remains valid.  Am I making sense?

I am just wondering?  :)

NFLD Sapper: Do you recommend getting the stuff with the mark 1 at the CANEX?

Sea King Tech said:
Hypothetical question.  If I have my express test done with a pass and bring all necessary documentation accompanying me to NRTD Borden.  This documentation includes the yellow sheet, MPRR saying "met standard", and the DAOD stating that the test is good for one year.  Then I am good right?

Meaning, because the one year mark expires after the course is over I am not subject to the express test.  It is my understanding that one cannot be voluntold to take the test during the time while it remains valid.  Am I making sense?

I am just wondering?  :)

It is my understanding that you will be doing the express test at least twice during your BMQ. Even if you get exempt on the test, you will still do the express test twice.

Back