• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ/Course‘s an Camera‘s

D

D-n-A

I‘m goin on the Rsv BMQ at the Seaforth‘s in July, I was wondering if I‘m allowed to bring a camera an take pictures? just like when I‘m in the field, range, an things like that, I wouldent be takin pics in a class or during a lecture

is this allowed?

thanks for the info

BRT1.JPG
BRT2.JPG

BRT3.JPG

BRT4.JPG

BRT5.JPG

Now you know what I look like, although I‘ve put on a few pounds in the last 2 years. :)

Just don‘t do anything stupid.
Like take a picture of your sect marking time as a punsishment in the barracks. ;)

hehe

Lui, whats with the peace symbol on the back of your hand?

I‘m surprised they allowed that

thanks for the answer guys

You should keep your camera hidden ( dont go up and ask your MCpl for a pic ). Funny story...On inspection our MBdr found a camera in someones buttpouch, and went on posing some of us in different positions ( like arm straight out, leg up ), while using dudes film to take pictures of it all. Funny....only ‘cuz he didn‘t do **** all to me and I got to watch it all... :D

I dunno; the 3rd picture there (me with the pointer vest) was during our 15k web march; I asked my Platoon Warrent to take it, and he was pretty cool with it. I thought it turned out quite well; quite a symbollic pic, cause that‘s what the reserves always seems like: a road down which to march.

As for the Peace symbol, being a fan of Full Metal Jacket, and being all crazy gunhoe towards the army back then, I thought I‘d take that picture for all the hippy chicks in my High school who thought I had become possessed by Satan to join the army. I had one on my face, but my Section Cmdr jacked me up for it... noone ever saw the one on my hand, though, since it rubbed off a bit later.

I encourage photography while training etc..., I look back at my career and shoot myself for not taking more. These are memorable times you new people are entering. Photos help remember them.

What kind of camera‘s do you guys recommend bringing? Digital? standard film ? Etc? I hope to purchase a camera for when I go on basic (is that allowed? and as a side note, are electric toothbrushses allowed?)

Thanks beforehand.

Bring a camera you‘re not afriad of losing or getting trashed. I‘ve got a really cheap 35mm camera I use. Sure some pictures don‘t turn out, but I also don‘t have to worry about it getting wet, muddy, smashed, lost, etc, etc, etc.

I‘m probly gonna buy one of those disposable cameras

I dont wanna take my digi cam, for the reasons Korus posted aboce

You can find a nice Olympus weather proof 35mm camera for about $100. They‘re pretty small, so it‘s easy to find places where it won‘t get smashed in the shacks/the field, etc. That‘s actually what I did for my 3‘s.

I want too know the thing about the electric toothbrushes also :)

If not I can always buy another toothbrush :p

I have asuggestionabout taking pictures, Dont take ones until you tink about what your taking. Although the first time a Lav3 passes you on the road dont go all crazy and take billions of pictures of it.
Cuz then i realized that their everywehere and i got sick of them. And threw out most of the pictures.

he he he an dont you a flash during the night when your in defensive. It makes Mcpls very very very angry for some reason

I got two cheap disposible cameras....one for inside w/flash other outdoor....main thing is I don‘t care if I lose ‘em or more likely damage them.

Electric Toothbrush? geeezz.. what is the world comming to. Go ahead and bring it on your course, but it would be a good idea to bring a regular cheap toothbrush to put out for inspections.

Back