• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ BORDEN JANUARY 2011

What Element Are You Going Into?

• Army

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Navy

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Air Force

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Cory13

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this but it's July 26th 2010 I got my call today for BMQ. I'll be going to borden, Ontario for the start date of January 10th, 2011. I fly out on the 8th. Anyone else going to join me?

Let me know some info guys :)

Name, Age, and Job

Cory Dicks, 24, Marine Electrician

Hope to meet lots of ya here!

Ill be there.  I fly out on the same date as you from BC. 
Travis, 22, Med Tech

Can't wait to meet ya's! last names? I do know that that's how we'll know each other

Cory13 said:
Can't wait to meet ya's!

Likewise.  It is going to be a great time!  5 months to go.  I hope it flys by.  So, how are Ontario winter's.. if anyone knows?

I lived in Sudbury, only about 3 hrs from there and Borden is about 30 mins from Barrie which i know that town well! and a little over an hour from Toronto so on our first weekend off we need to get out to one of them! as for the weather I checked into it the average highs for January, Febuary and March are: -13, -12, - 7...the average highs are -3, -2, +3 with the record cold of those months being -35. So the weather isn't THAT bad over all BUT in those 3 months they average 99.17 inches of snow (8.26 feet) so that going to be fun field training lol.

First weekend off will be one to remember.  But I can safely say for the people who go out, I feel no one will remember it. haha. 

yeah kemp it usually is at the The Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School is located in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec. But when there is an overflow they are sent to CFB Borden. I looked into allot of forums on here about the difference the training is the same but it seems there are far far less recruits (obviously) and more English then French (again obviously).

I too checked out topics on Borden.  One thing that came up with Borden compared to St. Jean was Borden has better/healthier rations.  Also, we can go watch the Canucks kick the maple leafs a*s on the weekend.  :nod:

Just under 5 months to go but has anyone else started training for BMQ?

yup I have, I was on St. Jean is 2008 until week 7. I ruptured my Achilles and I got fed up with being there for 6 months of being injured and still not even ready to be put on PAT so I asked for a release. Mind you if I had my time back I would of stayed another year if that's what it took. Anyways it's to late to bitch about it now. But yes if it's anything like St. Jean I'll know exactly what to expect. I'm sure theres lots of forums on here but here are some simple things you can do to adjust.

RUN!!! (soon as you wake up cause that's how we did it) when you get back, make your bed then shower. Do laundry every night (if you don't have enough ask your parents/roommates if you living with them if they have any, I'm sure they's say yes :))  You're cardio is the biggest physical need when you go so apart from running tried P90X or something similar to help it (I'm finding it very useful). Theres more detailed things as well to get you into habits like making sure all the things in your cloest are spaced evenly, all the buttons are done up etc..

Cory13 said:
RUN!!! (soon as you wake up cause that's how we did it)

I have started doing that.  How far do you usually pound the pavement for?  I have started with give or take 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week.  After I usually feel like hacking up a lung or 2.  I'm going to step it up with the distance in the next little while.  Is your achilles 100%??

we started at 4km and it always takes an hour (we stopped in the parking lots to do push-ups and what not as well) and wen i left we were doing 6km so keep it up and by the time BMQ is here you'll be fine. Yeah it's 100% but I can feel it twitch sometimes if I do the wrong thing, so drill should be fun lol

Got my phone call today August 19 2010,  I grew up in Angus.  I know Borden .  I now live in Toronto.  The winters are nice, not as cold as Quebec, but lots of snow.  Can't wait to go, been dreaming of this for a long time and now its here.  Can't wait to meet everyone.

Dooley, 39, Artillery

Nice to meet ya Dooley, looks like your gonna bring allot of experience to the table :)

Well I have life experience ,  the days are now longer for me, but that's ok, more time to prep for BMQ.

Welcome to the club Dooley!  See you in Jan.  :cdn:  I constantly think about BMQ.  The days are not going quick enough.

Back