• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ April 3

Welcome to the herd, Matt!  Keep a stiff upper lip: you may need it from time to time

Rstratdn said:
I'm in the Reg Force Infantry PPCLI. Basic is April 10th at Borden. When do you fly out?

I fly out April 1st. I guess I'm in the basic course a week before you.

thanks alot man, ever sence i was a little kid i wanted to be a soldier and now my dream came true.

Does anyone know if theres like paintball near Borden that we could go?

Well i called up the CFRC today and it turns out im in RCR and wont be doing basic till the second week of april. Good luck in borden guys!

Darryl :salute:

UPDATE:
Well, today I just swore in and its very interesting.  Recruiters took us in one by one and asked us if any of our information was changed since the last visit. For example address, drugs, illegal activity.... Then we all went into a board room where we signed a few papers, received information about flights and arrivals, stuff that's pretty straight forward.  Then we had to wait for about 45 minutes because we were done early.  Then at 3, everybody who was joining and only 2 of their relatives/friends were walked into the same room with a picture of the Queen and two flags.  One at a time you were asked to come up to the front and repeat the Oath, received this certificate, asked questions, took pictures, and off we went.  Now I just have to wait 10 days before I fly out.  I"m so pumped after today.  You walk out of that building so proud and your head high.  So, good luck to everyone who is still in the application process and good luck to those of you going to Borden April 10.  Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there. 
Pte. Gallagher  :salute:  - (Just had to do it lol)

Hooeh! to all. I'm only joining this winter or next summer. I'm moving to Alberta, REG Force PPCLI. See you all there I hope, and good luck you to all.

There is a PPCLI unit in CFB Shilo in Manitoba too

Ummm, Your joining this summer/ next winter? can I ask why you have the sgt hooks?

He is a Cadet Sergeant, look in his profile, it's easy to see.

My name is : Iouri Ioganov and I live here in Ottawa (originally from Russia  ;D). I will be swore in tomorrow March 24 at Ottawa Recruiting Center at 9:00  :) and fly to Toronto on March 31, stay one day with my daughter and go to the base on April 1.
Good luck for everybody who still waiting ( it took 1.5 year in my case).
See you soon guys there.
Iouri

Originally I was supposed to leave Winnipeg on march 31. For some reason I was rescheduled so that I am leaving on the second of April... Has anyone else had this problem or change of plans?

well someone screwed up and now Im heading to Borden for the April 3 course, as oppoused to St Jean.  Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

MORGUE

Guy. E said:
Originally I was supposed to leave Winnipeg on march 31. For some reason I was rescheduled so that I am leaving on the second of April... Has anyone else had this problem or change of plans?

It happens.  I'm leaving 2 April as well.  Should get into TO at 12:35

MORGUE said:
well someone screwed up and now Im heading to Borden for the April 3 course, as oppoused to St Jean.  Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

MORGUE
Congrats, see ya there!

MORGUE said:

MORGUE

Congrats also. I'll see you there too.

Anyone making a stop in Winnipeg or leaving there in the morning of April 2?

AHHH!!!

I got called Thursday afternoon, and i'm getting sworn in on Marsh 31st, flying out of the Victoria Airport on April 1st (no time), and i'm on the April 3rd BMQ in Borden.

Going in as a MSE Op (no element specified to me, but I did apply to the airforce)

Right now, i'm just packing up all my stuff, and waiting until monday to ship it out to CFB Naden to storage. I'm so stoked about this friday ;D :salute:

See everyone there, and good luck to us all.

ouyin2000 said:
AHHH!!!

I got called Thursday afternoon, and i'm getting sworn in on Marsh 31st, flying out of the Victoria Airport on April 1st (no time), and i'm on the April 3rd BMQ in Borden.

Going in as a MSE Op (no element specified to me, but I did apply to the airforce)

Right now, i'm just packing up all my stuff, and waiting until monday to ship it out to CFB Naden to storage. I'm so stoked about this friday ;D :salute:

See everyone there, and good luck to us all.

Cool man, see you there  :salute:

Back