• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ April 3

i was coming home from work and split a duck in half...each body part rolled off on either side of the road LOL

Hey! have any of you heard how many weeks our BMQ will be? On paper it says 11 and I'm hearing 13 also.  Everyone I have asked was not 100% certain, including CFRC.

Well if BMQ is 11 weeks to the day, the last day, which is probably graduation ceremony and all, would be on my 19th birthday!! That would be the best birthday ever.  If not, and its longer, thats fine too.
I'm thinking it is 11 weeks, just because thats what it said on my preparation sheet that I recieved in the mail.

Ahh, this waiting is taking forever. My swearing in is March 22 and it has seemed like I have waited a month already since my call. After my swearing in, I dont want to even think about how long the wait will be until I leave on April 1.---->April fools day! haha. I wonder if all the recruits who arrive on April Fools get pranked?....

well lets get some names out here incase any of us see eachother,
David Harding here,

Well it looks like i'll be seeing you guys there.. sort of. I was told my basic was april 10th in Borden. But my swearing in is March 22. What have you guys been doing to prepare for basic?

I've been training since November for this experience.  But I took the two weeks off my job before April 1, so the 18 is my last day of work, and I'm training everyday, except sundays, before I leave. I'm going to run 5-10 km per day, depending on how I feel, and doing upper body strength exercises, for my training.

running hills, pushups, trying to adjust my wakeup time earlier. funny thing is it seems to get messed up every weekend ::)

What are you guys going in for? I'm signed up for Infantry. Looking forward to it. But damn is time going slow now.

Rstratdn said:
What are you guys going in for? I'm signed up for Infantry. Looking forward to it. But damn is time going slow now.

Reg. Force Infantry PPCLI.  What platoon are you in, and are you regular force or reservers? Whens your basic? Mine is April 3.

brandon_g said:
Reg. Force Infantry PPCLI.  What platoon are you in, and are you regular force or reservers? Whens your basic? Mine is April 3.

I'm in the Reg Force Infantry PPCLI. Basic is April 10th at Borden. When do you fly out?

my names Matt Oakley, i just got enrolled today (sworn in) received my plane tickets and signed the big stack of papers.

I'm going for Reg force infantry PPCLI

i fly out of Halifax 09:30am April 1st

i was the only one that signed up for an infantry soldier everyone else that was there  during my enrollment were all armoured or artillery.

Hey Matt you didn't go in for your interview and medical stuff on Feb 9th did you???  Thats when I was there and there was about 7 other people with me, just curious if you were one of them

Back