• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 4-FEB-2013

I live in Moncton too. I selected Avionics Technician because it's my dream job, not simply as a means of 'getting in'. Merry Christmas everybody, eat your Wheaties and I'll see you sometime in the new year!

Does anyone else know what platoon they've been loaded on? R0483E (R24) or R0484E (R25)? I'm on R24. =)

The recruiter who called you with your offer should've told you. But from what I understand every RC operates differently. I also received an information booklet and letter of enrolment (as they called it) in an email with all the information regarding pay, contract length and which BMQ course I will be on. You'll probably get it when you swear in but I'm not sure. Just figured I'd check to see if anyone else knew their platoon numbers.

navy123 said:
Does anyone else know what platoon they've been loaded on? R0483E (R24) or R0484E (R25)? I'm on R24. =)

I'm in (R25) R0484E. I'm guessing R0483E filled up. I was offered my position on December 21 2012.

hoop0024 said:
How do we find out?

It was on the contract we signed. It states your trade, length of service, platoon number during BMQ, and a lot of dates you will need to know. You should a have copy in your recruiting package.

Decon said:
I'm in (R25) R0484E. I'm guessing R0483E filled up. I was offered my position on December 21 2012.

It was on the contract we signed. It states your trade, length of service, platoon number during BMQ, and a lot of dates you will need to know. You should a have copy in your recruiting package.

I didn't get my recruiting package yet.  I will get all of my goodies (aka paperwork) at my swearing in on January 29  :nod:

I have not yet seen the contract but a number I wrote down on the phone was 483

Hey Thanks! I'm coming from Ottawa and in for Aciss tech.
Can't wait, see you guys there!

It's been a long road but I cleared my final hurdle before the holidays. I sent them gave them my career list so they should receive the career list tomorrow. What is the turn around time between when they make an offer and when you have to be packed up and ready to go to BMQ? Hypothetically, if they made an offer tomorrow would I make BMQ feb, march or etc. Off topic but do you guys get paid while you wait for BMQ?
Thanks

zander1976 said:
It's been a long road but I cleared my final hurdle before the holidays. I sent them gave them my career list so they should receive the career list tomorrow. What is the turn around time between when they make an offer and when you have to be packed up and ready to go to BMQ? Hypothetically, if they made an offer tomorrow would I make BMQ feb, march or etc. Off topic but do you guys get paid while you wait for BMQ?
Thanks

1. Your post is in the wrong section.
2 What 'hurdle' did you clear?
3. Career list?... are you referring to your application?
4. Read this: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.3450.html
5. No, we are not paid while waiting to start BMQ.
6. Thank you for being a volunteer firefighter.

Back