• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ travel

cele-am

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all

I have accepted the offer of CELE DEO and will be commencing my BMQ from September 1st.
From what I have been told, my BMOQ will start from December 1st.

I understand you are not allowed to bring your vehicle during the BMQ but can keep it during BMOQ.
My BMOQ will be in Kingston. I heard they are lenient during the weekends while on BMOQ.

My question is how much time do you get on the weekends during BMOQ. Would it be possible to travel from Kingston to say Waterloo by car?
Or do they want you to stay in the local area during the weekends while doing BMOQ?

Many THANKS in advance
Cele-am

stealthylizard said:
You will be doing BMOQ, not BMQ.  BMOQ = Officers, BMQ = NCM's

Oh man i better get this BASIC terminology right before I go there for the actual training ,,lol

My APOLOGIES fellas,, I wanted to say the "occupational training" instead of BMOQ.....

ah silly me .. :facepalm:

cele-am said:
My question is how much time do you get on the weekends during BMOQ. Would it be possible to travel from Kingston to say Waterloo by car?
Or do they want you to stay in the local area during the weekends while doing BMOQ?

Many THANKS in advance
Cele-am

When I went through BMQ I drove now it all depends on if its cheaper for you to drive or for them to get you there.

During weekends while on trades training you will most likely be getting time off but again that is subject to change. while I went through QL3s in kingston we got every weekend off although if you want to travel outside the triangle Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto then you needed a memo

Ksiiqtaboo said:
When I went through BMQ I drove now it all depends on if its cheaper for you to drive or for them to get you there.

During weekends while on trades training you will most likely be getting time off but again that is subject to change. while I went through QL3s in kingston we got every weekend off although if you want to travel outside the triangle Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto then you needed a memo

Thank you for the answer Ksiiqtaboo

I did my BMOQ in St-Jean and everybody that wanted to use their car for travel was free to do so, provided the arrangements had been done beforehand (Such as the claim). Whether or not that translates to Kingston, I don't know, but you can surely go through your CoC/Clerk to get the info.

Chelomo said:
I did my BMOQ in St-Jean and everybody that wanted to use their car for travel was free to do so, provided the arrangements had been done beforehand (Such as the claim). Whether or not that translates to Kingston, I don't know, but you can surely go through your CoC/Clerk to get the info.

Thank you for replying Chelomo, would you happen to know how to contact or get their (CoC/Clerk) contact info ?

Ask your recruiting center, they'll probably ask you how you want to travel closer to the due date, just mention you have your private vehicle and want to use it, they'll let you know if it's possible.

It's called 'cost comparison'.  If you take your car and they could have sent you there on the bus cheaper, the simple version is the max you can get reimbursed is the cost of what the bus ticket would have been (simplified version).

Just let the CFRC know you will be travelling via POMV to St-Jean.  They will handle the paperwork/claim side of the house.

Eye In The Sky said:
Just let the CFRC know you will be travelling via POMV to St-Jean.  They will handle the paperwork/claim side of the house.

Too late....

cele-am said:
Alright so I finally got my ticket. Will be flying from Toronto to Montreal for BMOQ. Still no word on the contract letter though. I am wondering if I will get one before I even start this thing.. :-\

PMedMoe said:
Too late....

PMedMoe is keeping TRACK of everything here,,, NICE!!

I wish I had known about this earlier, ah well never really got asked the question if i would like to bring my own vehicle. Hope they will let me once I start the OJT in Kingston..

cele-am said:
PMedMoe is keeping TRACK of everything here,,, NICE!!

I wish I had known about this earlier, ah well never really got asked the question if i would like to bring my own vehicle. Hope they will let me once I start the OJT in Kingston..

They wont move your stuff to Kingston unless you will be waiting a long time but on weekends you would be able to go grab your car and bring it back they wont have a problem with that.

Back