• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

stealthylizard said:
You cannot keep your own food.  You won't have time for 2nd's or 3rd's.  3 meals per day: breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I'm 230 lbs, 6'.  So I get the same amount of food as the guy that's 5'6" and 140 lbs???

Any larger guys have any tips? I'm really into body building and have spent years getting used to eating a lot and constantly.  I'm also worried about not eating enough and losing muscle mass.

google:

"food+bmq site:army.ca"

2300 results 0.45 seconds

This thread may help http://army.ca/forums/threads/111337/post-1242565.html#msg1242565

There will be moments you'll barely have enough time to eat, but usually you shouldn't have issues getting seconds. Canex will be off limits during the first five weeks, but I've seen people getting care packages filled with protein bars. One guy managed to stash a full jar of protein powder in the miscellaneous kit bag (typically spared from inspections).

Anyway, all this said, you might want to manage your expectations with regard to maintaining fitness during BMOQ. It's going to be mostly running, pushups and light cardio, combined with some artificial stress and sleep deprivation, plus LOTS of sitting in a classroom trying not to fall asleep. If you're more of a bodybuilder type, expect to lose mass and gain some endurance.

Danny78 said:
I'm 230 lbs, 6'.  So I get the same amount of food as the guy that's 5'6" and 140 lbs???

Any larger guys have any tips? I'm really into body building and have spent years getting used to eating a lot and constantly.  I'm also worried about not eating enough and losing muscle mass.

You will get the same portion sizes in the steam line, there is a side bar with salads etc.  FWIW, I made it thru Basic years ago on PB and CheeseWhiz sandwiches for dinner.  Breakfast meant less time prepping for inspection so a few would go and bring back apples etc for those of us working the squad station jobs.  Teamwork.

Expect to lose muscle mass.  The CAF isnt concerned with your bodybuilding capacity during Basic and neither should you be.  If that is your #1 concern during BMOQ, reevaluate your piority while there.  Seriously.  Accept it going in.

Also, during field training if you are on IMPs, you will get the same as everyone else, but you might get some extra stuff from someone who can't or doesn't scoff down all of theirs.  If doing a haybox feeding, there is usually  call for seconds if everyone has been fed - the food can't be recycled back thru the kitchen.

For your info:  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page#prohibitions

Also, scroll up to the "Daily Routine" section for an idea of how much time is allotted for meals.  Eat fast.

Yeah, I definitely had more than enough to eat during BMOQ, just not the time to eat it. On good days though, when you have 20-30 mins to eat, if you're quick enough, you can usually get 2nd and 3rd.

As for personal food, according to regs, you can't have it. However, the reality is quite different. I've seen Gatorade powder, chips, chocolate etc... It depends on your staff and how much they're going to look for it. I remember though, while our staff were generally easy going on that stuff, a girl on my pon decided eating apple sauce during Vimy Week, in front of the instructors, was a good idea. They had us dump all our goodies in the middle of the FOB and then proceeded to gas attack and stand to us for a few hours after the exercise was over.

I'm not going to tell you to bring food or not, simply that it's possible to get away with it. Or you might get caught and eat a lot of shit. What's been said before is also true, big guys tend to shrink, and very thin guys tend to buff. It's a great equalizer.

Hey all, thanks for the info.  I realize my workout regime is going to suffer and if it was my priority I wouldn't join the military - its just something I really enjoy doing.  That said, if I can find ways to minimize the damage I'm all about looking for solutions.  I appreciate the  tips. I'll check out that bodybuilding thread too!

damn,,,, these people graduated already -.-
-_-    -_-    -_-
well... congrats````!

BlueShield said:
damn,,,, these people graduated already -.-
-_-    -_-    -_-
well... congrats````!

Thanks! So happy that this course is finally over!  ;D

I will be at BMOQ June 1. I am older so hopefully I can keep up the younger members. Excited to meet everyone!

Ranger_Rob said:
I will be at BMOQ June 1. I am older so hopefully I can keep up the younger members. Excited to meet everyone!

I'm older too, Ranger_Rob, so no worries!  ;D

Congrats, guys. Time's flying. We'll be starting before we know it.  :salute:

theforcewithin said:
I'm older too, Ranger_Rob, so no worries!  ;D

Congrats, guys. Time's flying. We'll be starting before we know it.  :salute:
Ranger_Rob said:

How long ago did you guys find out, if you don't mind me asking?

As far as I know my medical has cleared so I'm waiting to be merit-listed  :-\

Wincity said:
How long ago did you guys find out, if you don't mind me asking?

As far as I know my medical has cleared so I'm waiting to be merit-listed  :-\

Found out around mid-March and was sworn in March 31!

BlueShield said:
oh? Was the course hard? I'm sure that you enjoyed it  :blotto:

Challenging! But I have very good memories  ;)

Hello

I am just wondering if there is anyone else who has been given October 2015 dates for BMOQ?

Thanks

Back