• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ-AUG 26th

Where are you coming in from?

I'm in Ottawa. I'm finishing up my two weeks of work as a structural engineer. I'm also going to ramp up my training this month in preparation. Crossfit, running and lots of push-ups and sit-ups.

Stiman said:
Where are you coming in from?

I'm in Ottawa. I'm finishing up my two weeks of work as a structural engineer. I'm also going to ramp up my training this month in preparation. Crossfit, running and lots of push-ups and sit-ups.
Montreal here.
I was doing Crossfit early , but now I do more running , push-ups and sit-ups .

See you guys there, I really need to ramp up the working out.. did Crossfit a few months ago but not much since.

So I'm assuming we'll be a platoon of mostly DEO applicants, right? That should make things interesting.

I find as time passes by I'm getting more and more excited about this. I was really hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Swear in date etc finally set  with my RC-  arriving August 24th in St. Jean 

I'm hoping for the best, planning for the best, and preparing to do my best :) 

Quite the opportunity. 

Does anyone know when we will receive our first paycheck? Will it be August 30th (since 31st is a Saturday)? or do you figure we'll get paid on September 13th (since 15th is a Sunday).

Maybe I'll PM DAA about it if no one knows here.

Stiman said:
Does anyone know when we will receive our first paycheck? Will it be August 30th (since 31st is a Saturday)? or do you figure we'll get paid on September 13th (since 15th is a Sunday).

Maybe I'll PM DAA about it if no one knows here.

You will get your money direct to your account.Don't forget to bring VOID check from your bank.
First payment can be after September 15th because we can not  do all paperwork before August 30th.

Just got my email and joining instructions today although the offer came in almost two weeks ago now. I am sure you will get yours pronto. Maybe call them if its getting close to your swearing in date and ask. I still don't know anything about storage but at least have BMOQ instructions for now and tentative departure date, although it keeps changing :p

Does anyone have any info on this security clearance form they mention on the CFLRS website?

I got it emailed to me, its one we filled out before I believe. Form 330-60 is what we need to bring with us, mind you I also had a call from my RC and they wanted a new 330-23 as well.

Hey all,

I'll be flying out of Calgary on the 24th.
Going in for infantry.

Hope to meet you guys while there!

What is everyone bringing for clothes for those first couple days? Jeans and polo? That's what I was thinking of wearing.

Back