• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blood test for ASC??

zorro

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to ASC this January and had a quick question. When I was getting my initial bloodwork done, my potassium count came back 5.04. They want 5.02, and although the doc said it wasn't a big deal he suggested I get just the potassium retested just in case. The reason my count was higher is because I take protein supplements since I work out daily. The doc said this was likely the reason for my increased count.....and apparently he was right since after I laid off the juice for 2 weeks and retests my potassium was back in line. My question is: assuming you pass ASC and get sent for the medicals in toronto, do they do more blood tests? If so I will discontinue my protein use a couple weeks before I go since I don't want to be disqualified for something like that.

Thanks.

http://www.toronto.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/medical/glfs_e.html

Regardless of who provides the initial assessment, it is imperative that a second-level review/screening of documents occur at the Base level. Normally, this will be provided by the supporting Wing Surgeon/Base Surgeon or alternatively by an experienced Flight Surgeon. Beyond reviewing the history and physical examination, it is also imperative that a screening is conducted to confirm the presence of a complete set of acceptable medical preliminaries.

The doctor may, upon review of the file, check it again.

When I went through Aircrew Selection, just over two years ago, a blood sample was not taken at DRDC Toronto. Chances are, the procedure hasn't changed since then.

Back