• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BIQ

proudrifle

Inactive
Reaction score
hey,
i'm just wondering, last summer I finished my BMQ/SQ and this summer i am on BIQ (reserve force)
what am I looking forward to here, and what would be a good routine to get into now to get me ready for the summer?

There is an abundance of information in these forums on what you will encounter on BIQ. Just do a search...

As for how to prepare...get in shape. Start running now, even if it's only short distances. Do what you can and work your way up to longer distances and shorter times. Perhaps run one day, ruck march the next etc. The better shape you are in, the easier you will find it.

Depending on your instructors, possibly prepare yourself for more cock than BMQ/SQ.  Discipline yourself to not laugh at some creative insults.

I found that my BIQ was mostly about pushing fitness standards and, among other things, sleep deprivation. It was a challenging step up from BMQ, but I guess when your course officer changes from a brand-new 2lt to an ex-CAR NCM turned Captain, it's to be expected...

Don't worry so much about BIQ.  The system has changed so much that it wasn't like it used to. Don't think it will be a cake walk though, but it seems every time a course graduates and comes to a unt they seem dumber than the last course. With the SQ and BIQ you would think you would get less retards in the system but I think that the old Infantry QL3 was more effective. It's not what it used to be but, correcr me if I'm wrong, you'll only be working once a week anyway. You will do just fine.

well as for some of the comments thanks guys..
so I've heard BIQ has become toned down from the old QL3, it really makes me wish I had of joined back in 2002 when I turned 16..
honestly I love everything I've done so far in the past year, and I was looking forward to a total bagdrive course (but than again i was looking for the same thing in BMQ/SQ but it was more **** than bag drive... well until my SQ ex and my 9k ruck to the defensive in +40 degree heat than digging a trench all night :p)
we'll see what this summer brings for me I guess!

Well, I found BIQ to be loads more fun than a simple "dig a trench for a week and sit in it" ex. Its much more interesting, and the OBUA they had us do at the end of it was amazing.

As for this:

well until my SQ ex and my 9k ruck to the defensive in +40 degree heat than digging a trench all night

When all the exaggeration is cut out of that, it translates down to:

"well until my SQ ex and my 6k ruck to the defensive in +30 degree heat then digging a trench for all night", correct?

This is sorta along the same lines, figured I wouldnt start a new thread on it. When is the Res BIQ changing? I was told that reserve BIQ is going to be 60 something days now. Which will bring it to almost the reg force standard.

Can't see that happening for a reserve course, making it an 8-week course  :eek: but hey stranger things have like they have cut ( or are going to cut) the Reg. Force Combat Engineer 3's Course from 6 months to 3 months.

Actually it would make sense, with how SQ is structured now. BMQ and SQ could be done throughout the training year at the unit level or simply as BMQ is being run now, thus leaving a whole summer to do BIQ, which, as the trade course, is most important.

On your BIQ they are not going to hold your hand so much any more, there is going to be the expectation that you already have your SQ qual. But on your trades course that is where all the fun stuff happens.

:skull:

Nfld Sapper said:
Can't see that happening for a reserve course, making it an 8-week course  :eek: but hey stranger things have like they have cut ( or are going to cut) the Reg. Force Combat Engineer 3's Course from 6 months to 3 months.

I have been hearing some talk about this for about a year. I dont know if any of it is true. There was talk about it being reg force equivalent.

Though I say to get ready for the course, get in shape, shut your mouth, and listen up.

its one thing to get a guy to have a month away for course
its a nother to be gone for 2
I don't think Id be able to get 2 months off at once in the summer from work
not likely to happen.

I'm doing my BIQ this summer in wainright and from what they told me it is a month long
August 4th- Augest 31st , i don't think they would make it 60 days long because high school and what not all start around the beginning of September so anyone in school would be s*** out of luck

Back