• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

bin Laden offers a truce

Steve said:
Some of the best spiritual leaders are/were old, weak and possibly sick.

Ho Chi Minh comes to mind  Not only did he win his war vs. the US but he got a city named after him

As per the great movie "Band of Brothers"

"To the Commander of Al Qaida Forces.... NUTS!"

I remember the day of 9 11 vividly from the planes hitting the towers to the horrible days afterwards.  I don't think there can be any negotiations here.

PS - I know I spelled Al Qaida wrong.

I was part of an interesting impromptu lunch time political debate last Friday, when this Newfie I work with strongly stated that in regards to OB L's offer of a truce, he believes the word of OBL more than George Bush. There were a few more acknowledging laughs from around our group, and I did not want to get into a full bore pissing match so I let it go.

As an after thought It occurred to me to be a very dangerous situation when a large proportion of our nation believes the word of your enemy that wants to destroy your civilization over that of the leader of your closest neighbour and most power nation in the world.

A little naive and scary. Can you say " I have here a piece of paper that shows we will have peace in our time". :eek:

Read the book ,  Ultimate Risk by Mark Nichol , ISBN 1 -4050 -0645 -5 ,  very thrilling read about the SAS experience in Afghanistan in the early stages of the war .

Cannonfodder said:
   Read the book ,  Ultimate Risk by Mark Nichol , ISBN 1 -4050 -0645 -5 ,  very thrilling read about the SAS experience in Afghanistan in the early stages of the war .

And to you may I suggest North West Frontiers by Arthur Swinson, ISBN 552 08246 5, The Bear Went over the Mountain and The Soviet-Afgan war: How a Superpower Fought and Lost by Lester W. Grau

Back