• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bikers son snubbed by Military

All right.

Moderator Warning:

And now this thread seems to have devolved into pure speculation about whether or not the refused applicant was involved personally with biker gangs and criminal activity etc. Bordering on slander.

Not on.

Let CSIS explain their reasoning and let the HR Tribunal figure it out -- that's their job.

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

ixium said:
Was the guys father in a prison for killing someone, the 48th regulator?

What do the hell's angels call it? 1%'ers? Only 1% of biker gang members actually have a criminal record?

It means 1% human.

When did CSIS start getting called 'the service'?

FWIW

I believe the "1% er" thing came about many years ago when the it was claimed that 99% of motorcyclists are perfectly upstanding citizens.  The ones who aren't grabbed the "1%"  tag and wore it proudly ever since.  >:D

HDE said:
FWIW

I believe the "1% er" thing came about many years ago when the it was claimed that 99% of motorcyclists are perfectly upstanding citizens.  The ones who aren't grabbed the "1%"  tag and wore it proudly ever since.  >:D

Bingo.

The signal characteristic of organized criminals and gangs is that they are organized.  They do PR; they do their own reverse covert operations.  Ponder the implications of the latter.

Flawed Design said:
It means 1% human.

Sounds like a name they gave themselves, hoping it would catch on. Makes 'em sound all hincky and clandestine ;) ;D

Flawed Design said:

'The Force' was already taken by the RCMP.  A lot of big agencies do the same thing, refer to themselves by some sort of elite 'nom de guerre'.  I've heard both military police and military intelligence members refer to their own services as 'the Branch'.

Overall its supposed to be a form of influence/status.  Why refer to your real organizational name when you can refer to it in a way that makes it appear mysterious and interesting?

i.e. ...
"I'm with the Service"
"I'm with the Force"
"I'm from the Branch, I'm here to help"
etc. ...

Those of us in the Int Branch may refer to ourselves as "A" Branch because that is what we are - a branch. Just like the EME Branch, LOG Branch etc.....

We aren't a battalion, regiment, or corps (like we used to be).

However, I have never heard anyone in the Int world refer to it as "the Branch" unless it is in reference to something the branch is doing eg. "the branch is having it's mess dinner at ....... this year, are you going? Or the Branch executive has done this.

Not trying to start anything, just clear things up a bit.

Chilly

Edited to remove smiley face.

Chilly said:
Those of us in the Int Branch may refer to ourselves as "A" Branch because that is what we are - a branch. Just like the EME Branch, LOG Branch etc.....

Those of us who used to be in the Int Branch distinctly remember our seniors (and a few younger emulators) doing this.  Perhaps it is a practice that has finally died out?

Greymatters said:
Those of us who used to be in the Int Branch distinctly remember our seniors (and a few younger emulators) doing this.  Perhaps it is a practice that has finally died out?

Let's hope it has.....or does, for all of them. It sounds like people are compensating for 'something'. ;)

Greymatters said:
'The Force' was already taken by the RCMP.  A lot of big agencies do the same thing, refer to themselves by some sort of elite 'nom de guerre'.  I've heard both military police and military intelligence members refer to their own services as 'the Branch'.

Overall its supposed to be a form of influence/status.  Why refer to your real organizational name when you can refer to it in a way that makes it appear mysterious and interesting?

i.e. ...
"I'm with the Service"
"I'm with the Force"
"I'm from the Branch, I'm here to help"
etc. ...

Bonus points if you hook up your phone to use the CTU ringtone from 24........  Boop Boop, beeeeedooooop
  ;D
http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone/CTU24.wav

Back