• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bihac, Bosnia

ggranatstein

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone here deployed to Bihac, Bosnia area in around 2000? - I believe it might have been 3 PPCLI. I'm there now and have some questions... Let me know please.

Roto 7 2000 / 2001 Was 2 VP so your answer may lie with some of them (BTW I was in TSG during that time if this is an AOR wide question)

We're in the old IPTF camp in Bihac proper - now a LOT house.

My question is if anyone had a hand in renovating the school in Mala Pec. I was there today, delivering school supplies and noticed a small plaque on it. Wanted to know if those guys wanted a picture or something and if they had some history on their involvement with it for me.

May I ask what the Forces are doing there now?  As in 2007...Surprised by the post!

There's still a couple of dozen Canadians in Bihac, Sarajevo and Banja Luka.  The last full Battle Group left in 2004.

All that remains are some "LOTs ": Liaison and Observation Teams.

Hey Habitant:  You guys still buying cevapi across from the hospital?  ;D

Shudder.....Cevapi...... :-X

I liked the rotisserie chicken from the other place, though!

DF

Ha! Correct, there are actually only 21 Canadians left here. 11 in Bihac with me and 10 in Sarajevo. The guys in Sarajevo are all with NATO HQ. We in BIHAC are the LOT with EUFOR. We are the last roto of LOT  :( Too bad, it's a great tour. Really, best job in NATO!

As for that "Bistro" across the hospital.. no.. we had a few guys get sick there in the first few months of the tour. But they still hand a certificate from Roto 1 very proudly. We like Paparazzi...  ;-)

When were you all here? Got any messages for our LAs? They're the same as they have been for a while...

Are you guys part of the MOST (pronounced moss everytime I heard it for some reason) teams?Or did that idea flop?

MOST - Military Observation and Surveillance Team (i think..) changed names to LOT - Liaison and Observation Team, which they did to make it less threatening I was told... Still the same job. Right now, all that's left in the field in Bosnia are over 30 LOT houses with multiple teams in each house. The battlegroups are in the various big bases but don't get out much except for harvest ops.

Habitant said:
When were you all here? Got any messages for our LAs? They're the same as they have been for a while...

How is Kiana doing? (She was known to the troops as "Daredevil").  She was injured in a LAV accident on Roto 14.  A really sweet and very intelligent lady.

I was there on Roto 11, 1PPCLI... I remember Adnan, Jasmin, Alma, Nermin and Sunela. Good times - we were in the camp built on a car lot, half built by the Van Doos and half by us.

Is the Baghdad Cafe still there?

Bagdad Cafe is now OOB - has been for a couple of ROTOs.  It, like any other place remotely fun, is OOB. ;) But then again, that's probably how they determine them!

Of course, they all have legit reasons for it, i'm sure...

Enfield said:
Good times - we were in the camp built on a car lot, half built by the Van Doos and half by us.

We closed that camp in January 2004.  You'd never know there was a camp there.  Then we moved in with the NSE in VK.  After four months on our own, running our own ops out of our own camp, it was like being forced to move in with your parents.  :(

Back