• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best job for somebody with a nursing degree.

bionicledude0

Inactive
Reaction score
My situation is that I am going to complete my nursing degree in 2 years time. This being said I don't necessarily want to be nurse if it is not a direct combat role. A friend of mine mentioned I could apply to be a medical officer, then apply to CSOR after 2 years.
thanks in advance :cdn:

bionicledude0 said:
My situation is that I am going to complete my nursing degree in 2 years time. This being said I don't necessarily want to be nurse if it is not a direct combat role. A friend of mine mentioned I could apply to be a medical officer, then apply to CSOR after 2 years.
thanks in advance :cdn:

Well it is certainly possible to do a BScN as your undergrad prior to Medical School, it isn't the usual path -- some kind of pure BSc (with a bio focus) is a more usual path.

So are you looking at finishing your degree on your own, then applying for MOTP once you apply to Medical School?

Being a Medical Officer will not allow you to have a "direct combat role" either. If that is your goal, join the combat arms and wait for the next conflict. If you don't want to be a nurse, why are you completing your nursing degree?

bionicledude0 said:
My situation is that I am going to complete my nursing degree in 2 years time. This being said I don't necessarily want to be nurse if it is not a direct combat role.

You can read about nursing in the CAF, and direct combat - or lack of - here,

The "Nursing Officer" Merged Thread 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/4249.300.html
13 pages

Ostrozac said:
Well it is certainly possible to do a BScN as your undergrad prior to Medical School, it isn't the usual path -- some kind of pure BSc (with a bio focus) is a more usual path.

So are you looking at finishing your degree on your own, then applying for MOTP once you apply to Medical School?
I will be finishing my nursing degree on my own then applying.

ArmyDoc said:
Being a Medical Officer will not allow you to have a "direct combat role" either. If that is your goal, join the combat arms and wait for the next conflict. If you don't want to be a nurse, why are you completing your nursing degree?

The reason I am finishing it is because if I quit now then I will have all that time and money but if I keep going then I still have a degree on my shoulders. 

You could always work as a nurse civy side and be a combat arms reservist. Once you put in the required time apply for CSOR.

I wonder if the OP will be back?

Date Registered: October 11, 2016

Last Active: October 11, 2016

mariomike said:
I wonder if the OP will be back?

Date Registered: October 11, 2016

Last Active: October 11, 2016

You should seriously get paid for your work here...

Back