• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beleaguered Canadians Fight On

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
London Times....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3761179.ece

Canadians have been criticised by some American officials for allegedly prioritising peacekeeping over counter-insurgency operations meant to hunt down the Taleban.

I hadn't heard that, are the Americans really criticizing the Canadian effort in Kandahar?  Does anyone here think this is a valid criticism of our strategy?

No real thoughts on it myself since I hadn't heard any 'complaints' about it being an overly 'blue helmet' kind of mission, and I have no experience to speak from.  Interested to hear thoughts though.

What MsM tells you is "criticism" is probably more of - this is how we do things & that's how they do things.
Both Canada and the US carry a big stick and are not affraid of using it.... should we have to.

geo said:
What MsM tells you is "criticism" is probably more of - this is how we do things & that's how they do things.
Both Canada and the US carry a big stick and are not affraid of using it.... should we have to.

I think its a bit of sour apples - the USA does civil support work as well, but it doesnt get as much coverage as our efforts, leaving the impression that we are not patrolling as hard as they are, but then thats always been the difference between our two forces.  IMO, theirs emphasizes kicking ass, ours emphasizes improving the situation for the locals as well as kicking ass...

Doent help when too many of our own people still use the word 'peacekeeping' when thats not what we're doing over there...

Back