• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Being an astronaut?

Antoine

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

I dreamed to be an astronaut, but of course I didn't do anything to achieve it, and now I am not competitive enough and too old to get there.

However, I was wondering how many of CF members are working toward this objective, or dream about it. Is it part of the CF culture ?

I wasn't sure if my inquiry is relevent, so feel free to delete this topic if you find it is trolling stuff.

Cheers

Heres a link from the Canadian Space Agency.

Canada only recruits astronauts once in a blue moon...the CSA just finished its third EVER astronaut recruiting drive in 2008, and selcted 2 of over 5000 applicants.  Heres the link to the CSA's astronaut recruiting page.  Seems like the selection process is extremely rigorous. 

http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronauts/recruitment/process.asp

Btw, one of those 2 astronauts selected was an Air Force Captain, served in a leadership role and test pilot of CF-18 Aircraft.  Hope that helps.

Thanks JAWS228,

Is it something that is discussed and pushed forward in the military or is a personal goal that at some point you apply for if the occasion is there?

Is Capt Jeremy R. Hansen still employed by the CF, and shared with CSA?

Wow, all these astronauts have impressive CV !

It looks good on the CF that several members are astronauts. It could be used as another example during recruiting that sky is not the limit in the CF !

Back