• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Training recieving new gear?

Fraser said:
I want to get the new ruck sack because i hear the old ones are like a sledge hammer on your back.

i had to edit my post my grammar was off

They're fine. It's all in how you wear it.

heh... anyone here remember the 64 pattern "cargo pack".
take the 82 pattern ruck, remove the wire frame and insert a foam pad for your back.... and good luck :p
Not bad if you were living out of the back of a track but, for anyone else.... :p  :p

Thoe cargo packs were crap, and were not well recieved, even in the CSS world. No real place for a sleeping bag. No frame, and poor suspension/harness.

Anyone got a pic to post??

Wesley I still HAVE a cargo pack that was issued to me in 1975. Pics may follow if this old mind can remember!

Did 't these packs have a band which went accross your forehead, or am I just having an old man moment??  ;D

Yes Wes, your mind hasn't completely gone (yet) (jk!)
There was a cargo carrying strap to distribute the weight ... or compress that neck of yours

Sleeping bag room .... well, there was the integrated clamshell case that formed the bottom.  Ok for summer use but certainly would not work for winter work.

I started basic January 13th. We were the first platoons issued the new Tac-vests, some were issued the new rain coat..

Unfortunatly if you army. If you are issued a new rain coat. you will hafto exange it at the end of BMQ.. Our staff told us its because the make too much friction noise in the field. BS. but w-e the old gear is just as good just old.

The ruck sack.. ishhh. I dont think we will be seing any soon. 

Or on another note. pehaps testing them with new recruits will make for a standard and testing will be done effectively.

For all means I love my ruck-sac.
The old one:)

pstrois said:
I started basic January 13th. We were the first platoons issued the new Tac-vests, some were issued the new rain coat..

Unfortunatly if you army. If you are issued a new rain coat. you will hafto exange it at the end of BMQ.. Our staff told us its because the make too much friction noise in the field. BS. but w-e the old gear is just as good just old.

The ruck sack.. ishhh. I dont think we will be seing any soon. 

Or on another note. pehaps testing them with new recruits will make for a standard and testing will be done effectively.

For all means I love my ruck-sac.
The old one:)

Oh gawd --- I don't even know where to begin with this post.

Rain Gear --- Army cadpat raingear is currently being issued out within some Army Units with distribution to the remainder forthcoming -- at 'some' point in time. And correct, you'll have to turn your raingear back in because the Air Force raingear IS noisy etc when one is trying to maintain tactical integrity in a damn trench somewhere with enemy around.

New rucksacks ... we're actually just fielding them here now (so no, recruits at Saint Jean will NOT be setting any standard to test or even utilize them effectively <--- but that's a hilarious thought).

Here's the list of ARMY units who will be getting the new Army rucksack (if they haven't already been converted into it). Posted to one of these Units?? Then you'll get the new ruck for the duration of your posting there.

1 RCHA
2 RCHA
5 RALC
4 AD
LdSH (RC)
RCD
12 RBC
1 PPCLI
2 PPCLI
3 PPCLI
1 RCR
2 RCR
3 RCR
1 R22eR
2 R22eR
3 R22eR
1 CER
2 CER
5 RGC
1 ACT
2 ACT
4 ACT
5 ACT
4 ESR
11 FD REGT
56 FD REGT
7 TOR REGT
1 AD REGT (L&R SCOT) (42 Rd REGT)
30 FD REGT
49 FD REGT
2 FD REGT
6 FD REGT
62 FD REGT
1 FD REGT
84 IND FD BTY
3 FD REGT
10 FD REGT
116 IND FD BTY
26 FD REGT, 13 FD BTY PLAP
15 FD REGT
5 FD REGT
18 AD REGT
20 FD REGT
20 FD REGT, 78 FD BTY
31 CER (THE ELGIN'S)
2 FD ENG REGT
3 FD ENG SQN
3 FD ENG REGT
9 FD ENG SQN
10 FD ENG SQN
45 FD ENG SQN
56 FD ENG SQN
44 FD ENG SQN (Closing)
6 FD ENG SQN (39 CER)
33 FES
8 FD ENG REGT
FGH (31 Fd Sqn)
1ST HUSSARS
WINDSOR REGT
GGHG
QY RANG
ONT REGT
R DE HULL
RCH
12E RBC (M)
SHER H
PEI REGT
8 CH(M)
FGH Manitoba
SASK D (Sask)
BCD (BC)
BCR
KO CALG R
SALH
SALH B SQN
4 RCR
A&S HIGHR
E&K SCOT
LINC & WELLD REGT
RHF OF C
RHLI
48 HIGHRS
GREY & SIM FOR
LORNE SCOTS
QOR OF C
R REGT C
TOR SCOT REGT
2 IR RC
ALQ R North Bay
BROCK RIF
CH of O
GGFG
HAST & PE REGT
PWOR
SD & G HIGHRS
4 R22ER
6 R22ER
CGG
FUS MR
R DE MAIS
RHC
RMR
FUS DE SHER
FUS DU ST-L
R DE CHAUD
R DU SAG
VOLTIGEURS
1 NS HIGHRS
2 NS HIGHRS
PLF
WEST NSR
1 R NB REGT
1 R NFLD REGT
2 R NB REGT
2 R NFLD REGT
Lake Sup Scottish
N SASK R
R REGINA RIFLES
R WPG RIF
The Queen's Own CH
C SCOT R
R WESTMNR R
RM RANG
SEAFORTH OF C
CALG HIGHRS
L EDMN REGT (4 PPCLI)

Also, within LFDTS they are going to:

a. CTC, CFSME, CFLAWC, CMTC Wainwright: Numbers TBC. (Staff posted to these Units)

b. CTC and CFSME Pool: Numbers TBC (Pool for course canadiates to use on a temp basis while on course)

There'll also be a pool set up for TFs.

Item b. (bolded above) will be the pool for course candidates to utilize while on course at CTC or CFSME. They'll be turning them back into the CTC and CFSME QM pools when their course is completed.

Hey Vern any guesstamite dates for when 56 ENGR SQN (56 FES) will be converted?

NFLD Sapper said:
Hey Vern any guesstamite dates for when 56 ENGR SQN (56 FES) will be converted?

Not today, not tomorrow, and definitely not Monday.

How's that work for you?  >:D

I would have to work in a magical prediciton cell somewhere in the PP to answer that question -- and, I hope never to see my chunky butt planted there.

The only good answer is: Only ops, and time, will tell.

pstrois said:

Thanks for being honest about your experience and TI.

Its not new, unless it is the CCR, which I don't believe is going to CFLRS, but I could be wrong.  You are probably getting the Air Force 2-in-1 suit.  Search for an Air Force project called CEMS.

Refer to my first comment re: your experience and TI.  Are you suggesting that recruits would be better suited to do this than experienced soldiers, NCOs and Officers in the various field units, Combat Arms, CSS and otherwise have no clue?  Thats like saying when the new tanks showed up in Petawawa, that all the no-hook Troopers should have been the ones to flush them out and start writing the SOPs.  Because no offense, I am not sure what input a recruit could give that would have more value than someone who is or has used the kit while on the pointy end of the spear.  And, for the record, the FOBs in Farnham are NOT what I am talking about.   ;D

Good try though!  Keep up the effort, you'll need those "salesman" skills later in life in the CF as a Jnr and Snr NCO and a Warrant Officer if you get to that point!

ArmyVern said:
Not today, not tomorrow, and definitely not Monday.

How's that work for you?  >:D

I would have to work in a magical prediciton cell somewhere in the PP to answer that question --

Figured as much Vern.

NFLD Sapper said:
Figured as much Vern.

Geez, and here I figured you were going to send me "a valid requirement" like with the ICE!!  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Geez, and here I figured you were going to send me "a valid requirement" like with the ICE!!  ;)

How about the LCF of being in CADPAT from head to toe  ;D

NFLD Sapper said:
How about the LCF of being in CADPAT from head to toe  ;D

I'd have to give you a firm "no" if that were the substantiation that I received ... along with the standard "go sign up with the Ford Modelling Agency if you're looking for the LCF".

Mind you, some of us think Army guys just look hot naturally.

ArmyVern said:

:rofl:

Vern, has 4ESR been issued the new rain gear and ruck yet?

Back