• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Para 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't have said it better myself. My cadets...no.....my jumpers did amazing on the course and i can't be more proud. You say we brag about our qualifications...then tell me....why is it that nothing was said about the other forums that talk about other cadet courses done and how fun and proud cadets are for doing it. But the second one proud cadet says the word Airborne it's automatically a critics frenzy. I don't accept that. A cadet course is a cadet course.....period. If you're proud of it...state it....if you don't like it.....leave it...but don't try to put other cadets down. The last time i checked, criticizing and the lowering of spirits wasn't a part of the cadet manual for duties of a NCO. But looking after the welfare of your cadets...which i am doing.......is a duty of a good NCO. This discussion has been dragged on long enough. It's about time it's ended and people move on....besides.....if you don't agree with a forum...just don't read it.

AIRBORNE :cdn: :salute:

CWO Wilson said:

You could at least spell it right !!

But just so we are straight, i'm not airborne so i dont take offense.   But when someone , with no military experience, decides to presume to know how soldiers feel....then its a different story.

First off, I'm not shy or ashamed to say I didn't complete the course. Excrement occurs. And again as I stated earlier, we NEVER claimed to be Airborne, and never will. You're not Airborne until you wear white wings IMO. Cherry jumpers are just that, jumpers, parachutist but not paratroopers and surely not Airborne. It was jsut a simple word we used to greet each other since it was the most used word of our vocabulary everyday at the CPC. I'm dropping this one. If anyone wants to carry it on go ahead.

Guardsman said:
I get upset and bitter when Airborne-bashing comments come up (even if it is a 3rd year cadet who's nothing but a LEG and most likely will be forever)

*shakes head*
Insulting a member of the directing staff. What are you on? Kyles a heck of a good guy and has really done a lot to turn this cadet forum around so that we a lot fewer posers. He might not be a para grad but what makes you think he would never make it? Have you met him? Do you have a time machine to see into the future? What enables you to make that statement?

Guardsman said:
First off, I'm not shy or ashamed to say I didn't complete the course. Excrement occurs. And again as I stated earlier, we NEVER claimed to be Airborne, and never will. You're not Airborne until you wear white wings IMO. Cherry jumpers are just that, jumpers, parachutist but not paratroopers and surely not Airborne. It was jsut a simple word we used to greet each other since it was the most used word of our vocabulary everyday at the CPC. I'm dropping this one. If anyone wants to carry it on go ahead.

If you never completed the course, why are you calling yourself a paratooper on another forum?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/member.php?u=1435

::)

A) what is with all the cadets and their fetish for airborne? somebody has watched band of brothers too many times

B) you cant be serious when commenting on how the CF isnt as aggressive or tough as it used to be, when youre a cadet and have absolutely no experience or grounds to make that comment

I get upset and bitter when Airborne-bashing comments come up (even if it is a 3rd year cadet who's nothing but a LEG and most likely will be forever)

Making statements as such will win you no friends in civvy life or in the CF, take that piece of advice to the bank, lad.

Look around the Cadet Forums and find some derailed threads about this subject and the many others and then PLEASE tread lightly or find them taken down again and again.

CWO Wilson said:
I couldn't have said it better myself. My cadets...no.....my jumpers did amazing on the course and i can't be more proud. You say we brag about our qualifications...then tell me....why is it that nothing was said about the other forums that talk about other cadet courses done and how fun and proud cadets are for doing it. But the second one proud cadet says the word Airborne it's automatically a critics frenzy. I don't accept that.

Now you've earned it: Get over yourself. Again, take a look at the myriad of other threads that have been taken down here and you will see many other courses that have fallen under the gun, 28 pages of threads in the Cadet Forums and they all have at least 4 or five topics that have had to be locked because of a lack of maturity, we're not picking on you, sunshine, don't flatter yourself that much.

Did you ever think that it is your attitude that draws attention on you? God, no, it couldn't be........ ::)

I am done with this, Kyle, have at it, I was going to lock it but wanted to give you the final word.

MikeL said:
If you never completed the course, why are you calling yourself a paratooper on another forum?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/member.php?u=1435

::)

Haha, if you wanna go snooping around feel free to do so. I made that account over 2 years ago. I never claimed to be a paratrooper, if my username was pink banana, does that make me one? I remember now why i always hated this forum, it's nothing but people who get off starting flame wars, if that's what you want then lets go for it mate, I invite you.

Inviting flame wars now? If you hate the site so much then inviting flame wars will get you exactly what you want, read only access.

I tried offering you advice based on my experience both as a former CF member and a Mod, you don't like it then don't get pissy when you go your own way and get cat called.

This thread is on the fast track to being locked, how many threads in the cadet forums must be taken down before someone learns?

The ball is in your court, want it to stay open? Then clean it up and grow up!

Guys, we're not going to win this one. There's no point in arguing with them, we're on their turf. It's not even THAT big a deal anyways. Doesn't mean we can't still be proud. We'll just replace the word with another of ours. It's no matter.

Man...Davidson's doing his jumps? I wish I could get back on the course and finish...4 days...4 DAYS and I could have finished the course later. But now I have to start ALL over again. But that's alright, I'm working for it!

Popcorn! ::)

Guardsman said:
As for Kyle burrows, I see you're a 3rd year cadet, until you've been on curse, passed or fail aside, you don't know the drive and determination it takes to even get slotted with Cadets. So you have no where to be saying get over yourselves. :threat:
Get over yourself.  You are not gods gift to cadets.

Saying you greet eachother as Airborne, but not being airborne makes just about as much sense as calling the CDS home-fry.  If you are using it more than other words, such as please, thank you, and sir/ma'am then I think someone has the wrong mentality.

Read the forum rules, and you will see many things against personal attacks, telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about, and calling me something because I have not been on the para course is enough to earn you a warning.  All of your posts here have come off as making you look like a muscle headed reject.  You are being placed on Counselling and Probation.  Read some posts, browse the forum, perhaps when you come back you won't be that quick to shoot your mouth off before thinking.

For the rest of the thread,
If you play nice this thread may live.  If you run around going "Airborne YAY!" this thread will be disposed of.

Why don't you guys just say   :akimbo: :mg: CADET!!! :skull: :army: :threat: :skull: or something if you want to show us what kind of snake-eaters you are.   You're just bringing alot of attention on yourselves.

Infanteer

Leg - but I've jumped from 10,000; does that count?

Tell me who's in the wrong.......me?...the one who started this forum for one purpose..for congratuations(read the very first post)... it's mine.
Or are the ignorant ones the people who started the conflict?hmmmmm i wonder. But eh, what would i know, i'm just a cute little "sunshine"(stated previousely) who doesn't know what he's talking about. The fact that this argument started is rediculous. For one, instead of locking this forum how bout we drop the subject cause this conflict happens every year that there is a graduating session for the Basic Parachuting Course. Second, i dare anyone to go to the CPC and complain to the staff there about Para candidates saying AIRBORNE to each other...i'll be surprised if you come out without a read face from the embarrassment you'll recieve. Lastly, if anyone else has any conflicts with the Para cadets, deal with it on a later time.....personally your own...as said before, i put this forum up for congratulations and recognition.....not to have a shot for shot contest to see who can insult who.

THIS ONE LINE SHOULD CLARIFY EVERYTHING.......By saying Airborne to each other we are not saying we are Airborne......it's been tradition ever since the course started that once you become a jumper you reply Airborne to your fellow brothers. If you would like us to stop saying it go to the CPC and write a formal letter stating that you do not want cadets to reply Airborne anymore.....note:i do not actually advice doing that.lol...bad career move

OR...if you would like us to stop saying Airborne...then please contact all of the Reg's who have their wings as well..and are not in the Airborne, and also advice them that you would not like them to say Airborne.

That's it...That's all
Airborne :cdn: :salute:

*If this is what happens when you try to encourage cadets then i'm clearly in the wrong program.

Quote from Infanteer,
Infanteer
Leg - but I've jumped from 10,000; does that count?

Oh yea? Well I'll raise you this :-*
Bruce Monkhouse- Leg - 3 sets of wings [ and NEVER would I even think of putting an Airborne!! into my post]

Does this help some of the  posters here see why some people would take offense to it being there?

Airborne60thAnniversary22.jpg

:-*

CWO Wilson said:
Tell me who's in the wrong.......me?...the one who started this forum for one purpose..for congratulations(read the very first post)... it's mine.
Chief,
No, by all mean be proud of the accomplishment. Finishing Basic Para is a special feat. But now that you wear wings, more will be expected of you. To me, "Airborne" means the ultimate army professional. Doing their job and getting it done better then anyone else. No need to yell out or boast, because it is in your actions that you prove you are amongst the best. So feel free to be proud.

CWO Wilson said:
THIS ONE LINE SHOULD CLARIFY EVERYTHING.......By saying Airborne to each other we are not saying we are Airborne......it's been tradition ever since the course started that once you become a jumper you reply Airborne to your fellow brothers. If you would like us to stop saying it go to the CPC and write a formal letter stating that you do not want cadets to reply Airborne anymore.....note:i do not actually advice doing that.lol...bad career move
Yes, some of the people on this site certainly could because some of us know some of the CPC staff personally. But we won't. Why?
Because as you said
it's been tradition ever since the course started that once you become a jumper you reply Airborne to your fellow brothers
. Yes, once you have completed the course.
Also calling someone a LEG (Lacking Enough Guts) is a serious statement. Not something teenagers can say without the understanding of what the phrase means. AND said by someone who doesn't wear the wings...

Understand where the concern is?

Again, well done to those of you who graduated the course.

I think we've taken this about as far as it can go. Appeals to the staff with detailed reasons to support opening it again.

paracowboy said:
Troops (and I will give you the benefit of the doubt here), I have served my entire whole lengthy 10 years in Light Infantry Battalions, most of that in 3 RCR Para Coy. We were taught by, and lead by, Officers and NCOs from 3 Cdo. We didn't go around saying "Airborne." Neither did they. There are only a very few specific times when using that phrase is approriate.

The Paratrooper is supposed to be the epitome of the Soldier. In the CF that means "Quiet Professionalism". We don't brag or boast. We don't make claims that we can't back up. My profile is in-depth enough to establish my bona fides, but certainly doesn't list everything I've done. We don't go around thumping our chests and calling other soldiers "LEG". That is unprofessional, and anathema to the creed by which we live. We would often had to sort out the new troops as they came in and first donned Maroon Beret. Pride in your accomplishments is one thing, but broadcasting it to the world is not pride, it is arrogance.

Cadets, you claiming to be paratroopers is as silly as me claiming to have been Airborne. I never served a day in the Airborne Regiment. But, I served alongside Airborne soldiers. Does that give me the right to say I was Airborne? I never spent a minute in the JTF, but I have friends who are there now. Does that give me the right to say I was an Assaulter? Of course not. It would make me look foolish and a braggart. And that is what you troops are doing. Making yourself look foolish.

You are, no doubt, feeling all butt-hurt and picked-on. But, that is not the intent of the many professionals who have taken the time to post in this thread. They are attempting to provide you with guidance, so that you don't look foolish, and get yourselves into real trouble in the real world.

Be proud of your accomplishment. You have conquered fear, and you had to work hard to earn your right to do so. But, don't let it get you into a situation like this. It demeans your accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back