• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Base Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian.Trucker said:
Ofcourse.  While this is an unofficial privately owned forum that has no direct connection the Government of Canada or the Canadian Military, many of the members are current, former or aspiring members of the Canadian Forces.  Therefore great efforts are taken to ensure the information provided is correct and relevant.

If I can offer some friendly advice, take a step back, cool your head and patiently observe.  We don't need anyone else going up the warning system, and would rather see productive members join this forum, but if you continue to get your collar up and push the limits then the warning system of the forum will be used.  You started here on the wrong foot, so eat a little crow (we've all had to do it) and reload with a calmer temperment.

You are right.
Maybe I had the wrong approach with this forum.

[/quote
This is the internet.
But I suppose I could have talked less.
Its ok, I never had problems with human interaction, im a pretty cool guy. So my future CF career is safe!
[/quote]

Day 2 of a time wasting post.  I am really trying here to be helpful and kind.  Perhaps human interaction is not your thing, and please note that folks who think they are cool really aren't.  Listen to Canadian Trucker and take a moment.  Yes, we do thake "this crap" seriously. 

PAdm said:
[/quote
This is the internet.
But I suppose I could have talked less.
Its ok, I never had problems with human interaction, im a pretty cool guy. So my future CF career is safe!

Day 2 of a time wasting post.  I am really trying here to be helpful and kind.  Perhaps human interaction is not your thing, and please note that folks who think they are cool really aren't.  Listen to Canadian Trucker and take a moment.  Yes, we do thake "this crap" seriously.

Actually, I never had problems with human interaction. At all. But this isnt HUMAN interaction, its online interaction. Completely different.
Maybe the fact that my english isnt yet perfect (im french canadian) makes my posts looks awkward, I dont know.
Im not trying to mislead anyone or sound stupid.
I say im a cool guy because I am. Im the type of guy who goes along with everyone and never judge people.
Its ok though because I have nothing to prove on this forum. I was just looking to chill while waiting a job offer.
I know that for sure, when I will get into BMQ, i will have no problems what so ever. I know how to listen, and learn.
I guess my forum reputation is misleading of who I really am and I dont really have a problem with that to be honest

JoPelle said:
...Maybe the fact that my english isnt yet perfect (im french canadian) makes my posts looks awkward, I dont know...

Personally speaking, I don't think it matters what your native tongue is when you use phrases such as  '...calm the Fk down...' I think it was, '...take crap seriously...', as well as several times when people attempted to inform you that you were inaccurate with some of your postings, then waisted no time in defending your words with equal or more attitude when many users are/were trying to urge you to comprehend that your tone and/or content was out-of-line.

I occasionally type something that comes across other than how I intended, and some of my early posts were inappropriate/not well thought out, especially coming from someone whom users were unfamiliar with and a non-member. However, when someone corrected me (politely or not) I was humble, apologized, and corrected my errors/tone as fast as I could. You're coming along now, but your m/p deductions et. al. could have been avoided.

I've come to learn that there is a very human element to these boards. Many users work together, have worked together, know of each other, many communicate readily behind the scenes, the knowledge-base here is phenomenal, and there are many, MANY users who will lend a helping hand if you give them a chance. But when practically every piece of advice or comment given is met with defensiveness and ego, they'll no longer be so willing and it'll show. Therefore, IMO just absorb what you're being told. Read. Learn. Enjoy. That's what worked for me.

BeyondTheNow said:
Personally speaking, I don't think it matters what your native tongue is when you use phrases such as  '...calm the Fk down...' I think it was, '...take crap seriously...', as well as several times when people attempted to inform you that you were inaccurate with some of your postings, then waisted no time in defending your words with equal or more attitude when many users are/were trying to urge you to comprehend that your tone and/or content was out-of-line.

I occasionally type something that comes across other than how I intended, and some of my early posts were inappropriate/not well thought out, especially coming from someone whom users were unfamiliar with and a non-member. However, when someone corrected me (politely or not) I was humble, apologized, and corrected my errors/tone as fast as I could. You're coming along now, but your m/p deductions et. al. could have been avoided.

I've come to learn that there is a very human element to these boards. Many users work together, have worked together, know of each other, many communicate readily behind the scenes, the knowledge-base here is phenomenal, and there are many, MANY users who will lend a helping hand if you give them a chance. But when practically every piece of advice or comment given is met with defensiveness and ego, they'll no longer be so willing and it'll show. Therefore, IMO just absorb what you're being told. Read. Learn. Enjoy. That's what worked for me.

I agree with you.
As I said earlier, I didnt mean to sound like an agressive/immature dude.
I will take your advice.

:brickwall:

The individual asked about base locations and we provided two links. It has gone downhill since. Can we please kill this thread - for my sanity if nothing else....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back