• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ballistic eyewear - issued?

DH

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi folks,

After searching, I have found almost no information about prescription eyewear.  I have glasses (including a backup pair I will use for BMQ and everything else), but as a Reservist, do you get issued glasses?  If so, how long does it take to get them (i.e. on day 1)?

OK I am kind of easily confused.  The title of your thread is:

Ballistic eyewear - issue?

Then you said you can't find information on prescription eyewear.

Are you trying to find out if you will get issued prescription eyewear or the Ballistic EW (BEW)? 

And, just to clarify even more, is your Reserve BMQ being run during evenings and weekends (aka Class A)?

Eye In The Sky said:
OK I am kind of easily confused.  The title of your thread is:

Ballistic eyewear - issue?

Then you said you can't find information on prescription eyewear.

Are you trying to find out if you will get issued prescription eyewear or the Ballistic EW (BEW)? 

And, just to clarify even more, is your Reserve BMQ being run during evenings and weekends (aka Class A)?
Sorry - poorly worded topic!  My BMQ will be the evening/weekend one, and I am trying to find out if I will be issued prescription eyewear, or whether I can or will just wear my own.

DH said:
Sorry - poorly worded topic!  My BMQ will be the evening/weekend one, and I am trying to find out if I will be issued prescription eyewear, or whether I can or will just wear my own.

You will wear your own glasses. But once you complete your BMQ I would suggest that you take your prescription (must be less than 6 months old) and your ballistic eyewear to your supporting MIR/Base Hospital to get the prescription inserts for the ballistics.

NFLD Sapper said:
You will wear your own glasses. But once you complete your BMQ I would suggest that you take your prescription (must be less than 6 months old) and your ballistic eyewear to your supporting MIR/Base Hospital to get the prescription inserts for the ballistics.
Thank you!  That is precisely what I wanted to know.

If you're entitled to keep your gas mask, you're entitled to perscription inserts for that as well. They're a lifesaver in the gashut if you're nearsighted like I was.

PuckChaser said:
If you're entitled to keep your gas mask, you're entitled to perscription inserts for that as well. They're a lifesaver in the gashut if you're nearsighted like I was.

He's a Reservist and not entitled to respirator inserts unless he goes Cl C for deployment. Then he is entitled to the whole issue of eyewear. Right now, as Cl A, all he can get when he gets to the unit is the ballistic eyewear inserts.

Back