• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bad day at Recruit Depot?

desert_rat

Inactive
Reaction score
for somebody anyway... :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRfgYyVFgJw

Ahhhh....the sweet sounds of MCRD.....hasn't changed much in 40 years..... ;D

SevenSixTwo said:
Did anyone else notice the ass slap at 0:16?
The SSgt slapped the wooden shelf behind the recruit....although if you're predisposed to see ass-slappin'.....

Personally, I thought it was a gutsy move for the recruit to show up to Depot wearing a USMC t-shirt.

JM

You know you want to make a good impression on the staff right off the bat so you can be picked for extra attention  ;D

I guess they couldn't think of anything else to say off the bat besides "GO AWAY!!"

BulletMagnet said:
JM

You know you want to make a good impression on the staff right off the bat so you can be picked for extra attention  ;D

I guess an even better way of doing that would be to start name dropping all your ex-Marine relatives and friends of friends of 12th cousins, etc.

MM

You would make an even greater impression by letting it be known that you figure you'll be a better Marine than Chesty Puller.

Journeyman said:
Personally, I thought it was a gutsy move for the recruit to show up to Depot wearing a USMC t-shirt.

I'm not sure what the USMC does but i know the US Army gives applicants T-shirts that have "US ARMY" or such on them to wear during recruitment and physical training before heading out to basic. Unwanted attention or not, its stands to reason that some recruits will arrive wearing items like that.

I don't understand... why even consider hitting your recruits when you can set them up to do this to each other?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgoP37DVNSs&feature=related

Far more entertaining, and safer for the staff (who might bruise a knuckle or something).  ;)

CDN Aviator said:
I'm not sure what the USMC does but i know the US Army gives applicants T-shirts that have "US ARMY" or such on them to wear during recruitment and physical training before heading out to basic. Unwanted attention or now, its stands to reason that some recruits will arrive wearing items like that.

Seeing as MCRD in San Diego is smack dab in the middle of the city, sorta....you were issued canary yellow USMC sweatshirt, utility pants, shaved head, I mean a 0 cut....if you want to go AWOL, there's a reward for turning you in.....don't think it's changed much, except I heard they're no longer allowed to hit.....but like all good Marines, the DI's overcome that little detail with actions and volume..... ;D

Back